Project Manager Software Development
The role would suit someone who has been a project manager for 3 or 4 years and wants to progress their career in an Agile software development environment or someone who have been involved for a few years in software development using an agile approach and who want to move into project management
Working within a small dynamic software development team The Project Manager will:
- Play a key role in managing the development of our software product.
- Provide the energy, structure and organisation required to drive the development forward
- Manage the content of releases, controlling the current sprint and planning future sprints to keep the development team with a consistent and balanced work plan
- Work with the Product Manager to understand and prioritise requirements.
- Take the prioritised requirements and workshop them with the development teams to break up into tasks; scoping the tasks in terms of size, complexity, development areas and dependencies. Using these inputs to define the rolling development plan, reprioritising with the Product Manager as necessary.
- Manage the card wall for the development activity and operations queue to ensure both are being progressed appropriately.
- Review all instances to ensure they are correct and on the latest release.
- The role will work alongside the customer facing team and will be expected to occasionally interact with customers on timescales and plans. As a result, the candidate must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
The role would particularly suite a candidate who is interested in working in a fun environment where you will have access across the company to all levels of the team and the opportunity to progress as we grow.
Desired Skills and Experience: Candidates should have:
- Project Management or development experience, particularly in an Agile software development environment.
- PRINCE2 or equivalent is desirable.
- Analytical/ numerical problem-solving abilities.
- Structured approach to working.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2:1 degree in technical subject with significant mathematical content.
- Presentation skills.
- Enjoy learning new technologies and applying them to business problems.
- The energy and enthusiasm to drive activities forward and lead teams.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Minimum degree grade 2:1
Salary Competitive Salary + benefits package
- Project Management
- Agile Environment