Role: Project Manager (SMART metering)
A challenger to the 'big six’ who offer some of the UK’s cheapest tariffs, is seeking to recruit a Smart Metering Project Manager. The successful candidate will be part of the SMART Programme team, reporting directly to the Head of Smart. The main purpose of the role is to enable the successful delivery of the SMART Programme, deploying Smart metering technology to the organisation’s customers’ homes and businesses across the UK.
- You will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of one or more projects under the SMART Metering Programme, working closely with the Head of Smart, Business Analysts and Group Chief Information Officer, to help drive the organisation’s SMART Metering Strategy.
- Coordinate SMART Metering activities across multiple key stakeholders.
- Taking ownership for individual projects and initiatives throughout the end to end process of the SMART metering scheme.
- Supporting with the execution and delivery of the project, by working closely with key business areas.
- Ensure that the projects scope and deliverables are clearly defined.
- Help identify continuous business improvements throughout the roll out of the SMART programme.
- Support with producing accurate MI on the performance of the project and compile presentations on the projects progress and problems and solutions.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to implement risk control frameworks
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the businesses SMART operating model, ensuring best practice is maintained.
- Previous experience in a Project Management role or PMO function is paramount.
- Able to demonstrate a strong technical understanding of Smart metering.
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills, both internally and externally.
- Previous experience within the energy industry.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the key regulatory drivers of Smart Metering.
- The ability to quality check work to ensure accuracy and attention to detail is maintained.
- Exhibit a good understanding of project management methodologies and documentation.
- Successfully manage and prioritise multiple tasks, whilst working to stringent deadlines.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Able to coordinate and lead activities & stakeholders through change.
- Advanced MS Office user.