Project Manager- Refurbishment and Retrofit
Foxwood Recruitment are delighted to announce that we have partnered with an SME based in Cardiff which is fast growing into a major player within the housing sector to source a Project Manager specialising in refurbishment and retrofit. This is a great opportunity to join an amazing business at an exciting time in their development, with recent investments enabling a platform for significant future growth. As part of the Projects Team, you will need the gravitas and ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, as the face and voice of our client.
What Do We Want?
- At least 12 months experience as a UK project manager (or very similar) will be key.
- Experience managing projects linked to live construction work, but with an innovation theme, would be strongly favoured.
- Background in surveying or quantity surveying advantageous.
- Experience of Innovate UK, BEIS R&D, EU Horizon 2020, WEFO and other research funding providers would be advantageous.
- Relevant professional qualification such as RICS, CIOB etc., and a degree in a relevant discipline, would both be desirable. Likewise, a post-graduate qualification would be beneficial.
- Understanding of building fabric and renewable technologies for residential properties a benefit.
What Will You Be Doing?
You will carry out a mixture of work in this team covering multiple new build, refurbishment/retro-fit projects with a variety of partner organisations, including:
- Lead your projects, being responsible for all project tasks such as meetings, budgeting, forecasting and delivery to time, quality and cost tolerances.
- Own issues and manage these to resolution, taking the opportunity to continuously improve our client’s ways of working.
- End-to-end involvement in real retrofit projects to help and support understanding of barriers.
- Flexibility to support wider project management and delivery team with construction schemes on the ground.
- Project management of reporting & budgets to ensure successful delivery of all projects.
- Help evolve processes and procedures, always placing partners’ outcomes first.
- Proactively identify new and emerging ways that the business can better deliver, change and grow.
- Ensure compliance with industry guidelines and standards.
What’s In it For You?
- A permanent position with a competitive salary at a dynamic company in an extremely exciting period of growth.
- Large autonomy over your working times: some of your 37.5 hour week will need to be coordinated with other internal and external team members. But otherwise you have the freedom to work whenever you can be most efficient!
- Our client is set up for and encourages flexible, remote working but will require you to visit their offices regularly to integrate with your team and collaborate on projects.
- You're helping save the planet! Also, 6% pension contribution; healthcare with family and dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training and development support, of course; office fruit bowl and refreshments!
- Project Management
- Quantity Surveying
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'