Project Manager - Power Generation
Project Manager - CCGT Power Stations
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for a Project Manager to join the Project & Business Development Team, covering their Northern Ireland assets. The group have recently acquired two power stations in Northern Ireland which takes their total assets under management to 5 across the UK. In addition, they have over 4GW of projects in development with plans to continue building a pipeline of new CCGT and EFW assets throughout the UK.
As Project Manager you'll be coordinating resources across projects, liaising with the business development team to identify areas of opportunity and deliver projects on time. You'll be based out of Northern Ireland but will take an active part in projects throughout England and may be required to travel from time to time.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, as Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Provide overall responsibility for the delivery of business development / new build projects, coordinating with other project managers when appropriate to share resource and prevent conflicts / overlaps of work.
- Ensuring risk management systems are accurately updated and managed to meet business expectations.
- Manage and provide project budgets, quality plans, programmes, strategy documents as and when required.
- Liaise with third party stakeholders such as Local Councils & Environment Agency staff for all permit & licencing / compliance issues.
- Create work packages and specifications prior to tender, working alongside the tender team as and when required to secure work.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally degree qualified and working towards chartership in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Project Management experience in Thermal Power or Energy from Waste Power Stations, similar industries such as Refinery, Top Tier COMAH, Steelworks will also be of consideration.
- Market knowledge of grid connections, planning & permit applications, capacity market requirements etc.
- Relevant project management qualifications
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Competitive pension
- Private Medical Insurance
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to or ring and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'