Our client is an international manufacturer, who are investing heavily in their site in the North East. They are recruiting an additional Project Manager to support their expansion.
Reporting to the Plant Director, responsibilities include:
- Balancing the needs and requirements of multiple parallel projects involving development, manufacture, packaging and distribution.
- This will require close interaction with all internal functions as well as a high degree of external customer interaction.
- Project scheduling, resource planning and allocation, critical path analysis and conflict resolution so to deliver our projects to the customer on time and in budget.
- This is a matrix management role, focused on the Project Management of API from R&D into commercial manufacturing and product launch to market.
- Deliver specific projects that include site transfers, changes to API sources, reformulation and process improvement.
- Assist and take management of technical transfer activities with associated document authoring and review.
- Take a lead role in the both the project planning and project delivery.
- Deliver new products to the market in the agreed timelines and enable accurate budgeting and resource planning to support the portfolio of projects.
- Budgetary responsibility for project costings, which will need to be managed effectively during the life of the project.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational, strategic planning and time management ability combined with a proven ability to work effectively in matrix management teams, using excellent communication skills.
- The ability to motivate those around you and exercise tact and diplomacy where required.
- Solid project management experience with a successful track record of managing projects within the pharmaceutical or medical research area.
- Extensive knowledge of API issues/requirements.
- Previous experience with project management methods (i.e. Prince 2) and project management tools e.g. MS Project. Have experience of drug product analysis in a GMP environment.
- Degree within chemistry/relevant life science discipline or an equivalent qualification.
- Ideally have excellent technical knowledge of all solid, pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- You will need to be a forward thinker capable of planning ahead whilst being able to make necessary changes to the workload at short notice to continually meet client expectations.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly experienced Engineering team, in an expanding business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job