Project Manager - Education Projects, Swindon / M4 Corridor
The post-holder will assist the SPV General Manager in managing the delivery of projects, this will also involve managing the relationships between the clients, users and the service providers, specifically in the areas of:
- Project management of Variation and Life Cycle works
- Management and resolution of Construction Defects
- Protection of Project Company investment
- Maintenance of records and preparation of reports
- Provide technical input to the life cycle and contract variation activities as required.
- In conjunction with Asset Management Team, ensure that lifecycle and maintenance costing of variations is appropriate and consistent with contractual obligations.
- Ensure that appropriate consents and approvals are obtained prior to works commencing, including when appropriate, lender and statutory approvals.
- Advise on the administration of any FM change orders / variations.
- Advise on any risks and impacts relating to implementation of variations and lifecycle works.
- Provide ongoing management, contract administration and delivery of project(s) on behalf of project owners.
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely information for individual project boards and project meetings.
- Maintain awareness of developments in project and programme management and communicate examples of good and bad practice.
- Ensure sustainability issues and opportunities are addressed initially during the project identification stage and are reported on throughout project life.
- Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with H&S, environmental, quality management and commercial requirements.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Proven experience in project management and life cycle works including all aspects of process development and execution in a high profile, high volume environment
- Procurement of lifecycle works subcontract packages
- Managing works subcontract packages experience
- Knowledge of Facilities Management and Maintenance service delivery gained in a practical setting
- Experience of working within Education and Healthcare environments.
- Experience of Whole Life Costing
- Understanding of the relationship between client, SPV and service provider
- Proven record of Project delivery
- Relevant building services experience
- Worked in a PFI environment
- Lead and managed staff or service providers in either a direct or indirect setting
Please apply in confidence. You details will not be shared with a third party without your prior permission. Only successful applicants meeting the aforementioned criteria will be contacted.
- Facilities Management
- Project Management
- Technical Skills