Project manager or Project engineer
Corby, Kettering, Market Harborough, Leicester
The successful Project manager or project engineer will be a multi-skilled Engineer, have proven track record of delivering Projects skills and flexibility to work on several unrelated projects at any one time.
Previous experience of capital projects
Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements relating to an FMCG business
Previous experience of Microsoft Project
Previous experience of Auto Cad
Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment would be an advantage
As the Project manager or project engineer you will be involved in
- Lead a variety of projects both large and small, from concept to handover, producing detailed critical paths for achieving each stage of specific projects and ensuring they are completed on time and within budget
- Prepare the capital investment applications needed for each project, agreeing the timescales, costs and resources needed
- Compile justifications, financial or otherwise, to ensure projects are progressed
- Liaise and negotiate with contractors, providing detailed specifications to ensure appropriate equipment is purchased
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain competitive quotations for projects for goods, materials and services
- Maintain the critical path ensuring each stage of a project is progressing on budget and to required quality standards
- Control and maintain the project management systems and procedures, effectively managing all administration
- Maintain the capital programme progress report and issue on a weekly basis
- Regularly report on progress of projects to the Engineering Manager and the Operations Director at Project Review Meetings
- Prepare AutoCAD plant/equipment layouts and documentation relevant to each project
- Manage contractors when on site and issue permits to work when required
- Visit, as required, machinery manufacturers for trials and specifying business requirements
Degree in an Engineering discipline
Electro/Mechanical biased degree
Sound ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees both verbally and written
Excellent PC skills – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Sound financial awareness, including budgetary controls and overall understanding of business practices
Excellent administrative / organisational skills to manage and prioritise workload effectively
In return you will be part of the leading food manufacturer. Having been established for many years they have a solid base of clients and are now expanding. Working with my client will open many opportunities for progression with large amounts of project work available.
Project eng/Project manager
- Project manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'