Working hours of Monday to Friday from 7am - 5pm
As the Project Manager (Operations) you will play a key role in leading the delivery of public realm projects from £10,000 to £1m.
Working within our projects team, this varied role will involve taking projects at their pre-construction phase; informing the final stages of the design process, and resolving the practical limitations of the design in relation to the existing built environment on site.
- Managing assigned project budgets and delivering agreed financial performance.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of each of our pending and active projects including, but not limited to, the scope of works, programme, tender documentation and contract particulars;
- Production of contract programmes using Microsoft Project; monitoring, amending and updating project operations accordingly and advising of any potential delays to the client team;
- Preparation of tender documentation; cost analyses; early-stage budgets; detailed cost plans; bills of quantities and procurement plans;
- Championing of and ensuring compliance with our site-specific company policies and procedures;
- Managing the Company's requirements under the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 accredited schemes and ensuring compliance with those requirements;
- Ensuring that all projects are managed effectively and safely to comply with all aspects of the current health and safety regulations, including completion Construction Phase Plans, Risk Assessments and Method Statements;
- Leading the Assistant Operations Managers in presenting and mentoring on the delivery of toolbox talks;
- Coordinating a crew of 20-30 operatives
- Liaising with the client, design teams and project stakeholders
- Checking time sheets, attendance and reporting of any absences to HR, as well as illnesses, health issues and safety issues which may affect the smooth running of the projects or the safety of our staff;
- Sourcing of materials and subcontractors, negotiating prices and placing orders as required;
- Mentoring others in the adherence to the Company’s procedures and quality practices;
- Managing the quality of the delivery of the projects to ensure that the reputation of the Company is maintained and enhanced; and
- Promotion of the Company at all times.
- Other adhoc tasks required by management
What's in it for me?
Salary of £30,000 - £37,000 negotiable dependant on experience
20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Company Bonus Scheme
Progression opportunities for the right individual
- Existing experience in Project Management
- Experience and knowledge of Horticulture/Aboriculture or Hard Landscaping is desirable
- Strong customer focus and passion about quality of work
People management skills and experience
Commercial acumen and a grasp of financials/budgets
Excellent communication skills
Strong use of Initiative and problem solving ability
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, please ensure that your CV is up to date and apply online as soon as possible.
Opportunity managed by Nikki Cranmer, Senior Permanents Consultant, Reed Specialist Recruitment - email@example.com
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business