Project Manager - NPI - Aerospace
£flexible based on experience
The company is an aerospace precision engineering business boasting a number of blue-chip customers. Their forward order book is impressive and stretches many years into the future. The company is now looking to appoint a Project Manager with NPI experience and ideally a background in aerospace, though they will also consider candidates from other safety critical industry backgrounds. The main aim of the role will be to manage all projects from initial concept and ensure 'productionisation' is achieved to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
In more detail (but not be limited to):
* You will Project Manage new and existing projects of complex engineered components.
* You will ensure new projects are delivered on time, on budget and to customer delivery expectations.
* You will achieve this using your excellent customer facing skills to draw out all relevant information that will enable the internal teams (Engineering, Production, Quality, Procurement, Logistics) to produce the best quality solution from initial concept through to product delivery.
To succeed in this role you will
* Already work as a Project Manager of have the experience as an Engineer to deal with multiple complex projects from concept through to delivery
* Have experience of working in a precision engineering environment that handles multiple requirements (ideally aerospace)
* Have a good understanding of production processes involving CNC operations and exotic alloys
* Have at least HND level qualifications (or overseas equivalent) in an Engineering or Manufacturing subject
* Ideally have a formal Microsoft or PRINCE 2 or APM accreditation (or be working towards it)
* Have extensive experience of using Microsoft Project and Office Suite (especially Excel)
* Be an excellent communicator and relationship builder
* Be a self starter and have the capability of driving projects forward, ensuring milestones are achieved and identify potential pinch points at an early stage and communicate to all concerned parties accordingly
In return, my client can offer a stimulating and friendly work environment designed to help you achieve your ambitions, together with a competitive salary, enhanced pension and bonus (paid twice yearly
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- PRINCE 2
- Project Manager CNC
- APM engineering