Project Manager - New Build - High Rise - Manchester
Are you looking to work with a market leader in New Build Social Housing projects?
Do you have new build steel frame experience, working schemes 10 storey+?
Are you looking to work 90week project in Manchester?
If so, please read on…
Our client are looking for a Project Manager to manage post tender to final accounting stages to ensure the project delivery satisfies customer and company requirements.
You will be accountable for the ongoing management of the projects ensuring that control procedures achieve targets in respect of health and safety, time, cost, quality and high levels of customer satisfaction at all times.
* Responsible for preparation and effective management of the project producing the overall Project Delivery Plan and associated detailed short term programmes and, where necessary, in conjunction with the Operations/Contracts Manager, making amendments to maintain the overall Plan. Take all necessary actions to ensure that work is carried out within the project requirements and timescales.
* Act as a visibly strong leader of HSQ&E, ensuring that all activity and reporting is accurate, legally compliant and within group policies, highlighting and resolving concerns when identified.
* Ensure that projects are staffed adequately and led and managed effectively and maintain high levels of commitment and morale; ensure at all times that good two-way communication occurs.
* Induct all employees on site on working ensuring that the contract delivery processes are complied with and adopted into your daily disciplines.
* Report areas of opportunity and risk that may impact on the business plan to the Business Unit Director and the Operations Manager. Lead your team by example at all times and ensure is a centre of excellence.
* Responsible for achieving an integrated service delivery for all site activities including but not limited to subcontractor procurement schedules, material requirements, plant requisition, statutory services, co-ordinated design development and completing comprehensive records.
* Work closely with the Commercial team ensuring that all matters relating to commercial and operations are fully aligned and managed.
* Reporting in to Managing Director
* Managing team onsite - Site Manager, Design Manager, Quantity Surveyor
* Work alongside Regional Commercial Manager and Regional Technical Manager
Skills & Qualification:
* Proven track record of successful delivery of projects from start to finish.
* Proficient using Microsoft Office programmes; incl. Excel, Word, Outlook.
* Proven ability to control costs and delivery on quality in line with targets.
* Accurate interpretation of contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
* The ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
* Knowledge of Document Management Systems
* Appropriate CSCS card.
* SMSTS certificate.
* Temporary works certificate desirable.
If you have any other requirements, or would like to interview, please contact Wyn at Search Consultancy
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.