Project Manager - Finance - Part Remote (London/Nottingham)
Duration: 6 months
Day rate: £500 - £700 (Inside IR35)
This role will be responsible for the oversight and project management of sunsetting and migration activity relating to legacy products. This is a complex role involving inter-project and cross-functional dependencies. The successful candidate is expected to have experience of project delivery using multiple methodologies and be able to deliver to auditable standards and processes tailored to meet specific project needs. The successful candidate will be expected to engage across numerous stakeholder groups, communicating comfortably with senior stakeholders up to Managing Director level
Project Planning & Management
- Delivery of projects according to agreed time/budget/scope/quality/change control criteria.
- Defining, sourcing and managing the necessary resources to complete these projects, making timely changes where necessary to achieve project objectives.
- Ensuring the development of accurate project plans and budgets, finding improvements to efficiency and effectiveness in the use of project resources, reporting variances to senior management where there is likely to be a significant impact on agreed delivery parameters.
- Effectively controlling the issues, risk, dependencies and changes in scope, ensuring timely intervention and communication to stakeholders.
- Conducting regular reviews of project outcomes, both internally with project team and with clients and senior stakeholders during and after the delivery has been completed
- Being outcome focused. Actively driving project tasks to completion, working collaboratively with all project stakeholders, and removing blockers to progress
- Providing input into decision-making with stakeholders.
- Developing communication disciplines as appropriate for the project
- Ensuring stakeholders are provided with appropriate timely advice during and after project delivery
- Effectively and accurately escalating and communicating issues as appropriate
- Managing a project team to maximise quality and high-performance outcomes
- High level of understanding and application of Project Management competencies including;
- At least one formal project delivery methodology
- Stakeholder Management techniques
- Scope management
- Schedule management
- Cost management
- Quality management
- People leadership
- Communication planning and execution
- Risk management
- Good understanding and application of change management competencies
- Excellent leadership, coordination, motivation, negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Good understanding of business requirements and technical limitations as determined by the client organisation's systems and processes
- Financial literacy to forecast and manage programme, project and departmental budgets, costs and revenue
- Ability to influence and build productive relationships with key programme stakeholders (both internal and external) to senior manager level
- Ability to identify and manage project resource requirements
- High level knowledge of project management methodology and tools, including software
- Good knowledge of computer systems and processes and PC desktop applications
- Good knowledge of business unit products and operations
- Good knowledge of legislation and regulations impacting business unit industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- High standard of problem solving and analytical skills
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills
- Good multitasking abilities
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'