At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what is most important - look beyond our projects and programmes and you will see it is about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we are focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It is a big challenge - and therefore we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships, and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It is a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians and one that we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project, and management services. It is how we will find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges and how we will deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
You will provide Project and Programme Management services to work on capital projects with one of our largest pharmaceutical clients.
As a Project Manager you will be working on consultancy projects within the Chemical and Pharmaceutical team and work alongside our Cost Management and Project Engineering team to support on projects on live sites. The projects vary in size and part of your role will include to support project compliance by completing for instance project schedules and risk management tasks.
The complexity and changing nature of projects we are involved with demand a joined-up approach with all teams. It is why you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people around, blending diverse skills, experience and perspectives to deliver transformational outcomes. You will need energy, agility and great stakeholder management skills in order to deliver our clients projects.
Contractually you will be located from Arcadis London Office, however for the duration of your time on this account you will work from the client’s site. You shall be working on the R&D sites Ware & Stevenage. Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Undertake day to day delivery of projects on live sites, which are mechanically/electrically biased.
- Manage design teams
- Undertake contract administration i.e. project documentation, programmes, master budget etc. and maintain a robust document management system
- Produce of reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
- Deliver projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality.
- Monitor and report on the contractor’s progress against the contract programme
- Assist in the management of consultant teams to ensure that the contractor’s design is done in compliance with the contract and that the built product is compliant with the contract.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering large sale projects within a Mechanical/Electrical environment.
- Ability to interface with clients with good stakeholder management and experience of working in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of producing reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables and previous experience of using document management systems to aid efficient service delivery.
- A good understanding of NEC contract
- Ideally experience to include some of:
- Interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial close out of contracts.
- Experienced of working in a regulated sector i.e. pharmaceutical, medical, manufacturing, rail, aviation, energy, nuclear, etc.
- Degree qualified, preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering
- A Project Management qualification would be beneficial
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you because each Arcadian has their own motivations and career goals.
As a 'people ?rst’ business, we will take the time to listen and understand what you want from your time here and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other bene?ts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ?exible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'