Project Manager - Mechanical Design
Our client is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy industrial plant and machinery. The client offers an exciting and stable career within a varied working atmosphere and the opportunity to develop your career within a friendly working environment. The client is an equal opportunities employer.
- Accept project briefs, develop project specifications and prepare project schedules.
- Promote new business development and business winning through making contact with new clients and liaison with existing clients for assessment of engineering projects.
- Manage contract design proposals for business winning including concept design and drawings.
- Develop project costing and quotation plans and manage the commercial response time to suit the customer needs.
- Design, engineer and progress projects in accordance with the brief and quotation.
- Establish project programmes, activities and timescales.
- Manage projects from concept to completion of commissioning and hand over to client.
- Liaise with engineers involved in the installation and commissioning - provide assistance as required.
- Ensure generation and upkeep of technical project files.
- Internal liaison and expedite delivery within departments, design purchasing and manufacture.
Experience required for this role:
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in a heavy/process engineering background as well as:
- Be able to create and interpret engineering drawings to a high standard.
- Proficiency with common computer operating systems and the use of MS Office applications.
- Excellent verbal & written English.
- Higher National Diploma or equivalent as a minimum in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position.
Keywords: Autocad, Inventor, Solidworks, Mechanical Design Engineer,
- Mechanical Engineering
- Renewable Energy Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job