Horizon Search & Selection are excited to be seeking a kitchen professional to join our client as a Project Manager, covering projects in Norfolk and Suffolk. This is a rare opportunity to work within a successful, very well-established and reputable luxury Kitchen Sales, Design & Installation firm who have a real 'family feel’ about them.
Our client has been trading for over thirty five years, and have worked hard to forge an outstanding reputation across Suffolk and Norfolk. They are an independent company who specialise in the design, supply and installation of traditional and contemporary, mid to upper end bespoke kitchens. They are renowned for offering an exceptionally professional, thorough and attentive service, as well as beautiful, fully bespoke kitchens; designing customers their dream kitchen from scratch…with every little detail being carefully considered.
The role of the Project Manager will involve working closely with the company Owner, who acts as a Project Manager too and will initially mean working together to establish a full understanding of the company’s processes and procedures. For the first 12-18 months, the role will be covering two areas; a 30 mile radius around both the Norwich and Beccles showrooms. After that a joint decision will be taken on which site you’d be permanently based out of. Usually, the PM would oversee and manage between 4-6 projects per month, for both private customers and property developers, spread across Norfolk and Suffolk.
As our client are a small, busy team this is a heavily involved role which will require great tenacity, stellar attention to detail, organisational abilities and communication. A description of the duties and main responsibilities are listed below, however a full and comprehensive job specification is also available upon request.
- Manage the fitting schedule - allocate slots for each projects. Take into consideration delivery schedules, proposed fit time, fitter availability etc.
- Survey - Meet with the customer to discuss all relevant information for survey and installation. Discuss each step of the project with the customer to reassure them; make their points of contact and timeframes clear
- Check every fixture dimension on plan - check and add up that every individual unit / appliance will fit into the dimensions correctly
- Post Survey - At hand-over stage, it is the PM’s responsibility to check all information and items on quote are 100% correct, ensuring installation plan is correct, as well as checking delivery dates and supplier timeframes. Create full schedule of works, book in and plan sufficient time and space for each trade to work effectively, issue all trades with a comprehensive plans, elevations and individual instructions and discuss schedule of work with customer in person
- Reviewing each project file with a fine tooth comb; checking and double checking furniture specifications, quotes, plans and elevations, delivery schedules and notes until 100% satisfied.
- Preparation - Liaise with trades; meet and greet in person and run through tasks for prep and installation, ensuring they have all tools and equipment needed to perform their duties. Discuss storage provisions with customer; ensure they are happy and suitable storage space is made available. Begin to liaise with customer regularly to keep them up to date with all progress
- Attend regular site visits throughout prep time, review works carried out by trades, check on progress, identify any snags and deal with as appropriate (liaise with colleagues)
- Arrange for delivery of kitchen, liaise with couriers to confirm date and time of delivery; ensuring they are aware of storage location
- Give Fitter responsibility of overseeing and checking all deliveries to site; give full instructions. If Fitter not available, PM must attend instead
- Main Installation - Brief all trades and Fitters to ensure instructions and schedule of work is clear, be a visible presence on-site for both trades/fitter and customer - assist where appropriate. Ensure regular communication between fitter and trades, particularly to discuss feasibility and positioning of connections. Deal with any missing/damaged items - ensuring low impact to project/cost/customer.
- Organise trades, plan deliveries, check materials, oversee and inspect all Flooring, Solid Surfaces, Glass, Decorating and Tiling work
- Inspections & After Care - Inspect all works completed by trades and fitters whilst they are still on-site, ensuring that anything not to standard is dealt with immediately, with no great delays. Discuss end result with customer, ensure their satisfaction and go through signing off form with customer, make 5 year guarantee clear.
- If within 5 year guarantee, deal with any problems on an individual basis as they arise - visiting customer in person to identify and discuss issue(s) before committing to resolution. Once a resolution has been agreed upon by customer and company, oversee these works until completion.
We require a hard-working professional, who is fanatical about attention to detail and has a pro-active approach to all that they do. A strong background in the kitchen industry is essential, as are the organisational abilities, work ethic and assertiveness needed to make this role a success! Other requirements are as follows:
- Calm, methodical and an 'in control’ type of nature
- Miniscule attention to detail - a stickler for the little things; will spot any discrepancies a mile off!
- A pro-active commercially astute problem-solver
- A full, UK driving licence
- Relevant prior experience
- Excellent communication skills - both with colleagues and customers. An understanding of good customer service and how to best deliver it.
For more information please call our main office number to have an informal conversation with Kate Dyer. Or, to be considered for this fantastic and rather rare opportunity then please apply through our website or alternatively via Reed.co.uk
- Project Management
- Site Visits