Job Title: Project Manager (KNX Lighting Controls)
Job Sector: Lighting/Electrical/Power
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £52,000 p.a + bonus + car
Job Reference: SS/20020
About the Company:
A global energy management specialist with operations in over 100 countries, involved in the provision of mechanical and electrical infrastructure projects to commercial, industrial and government sector clients.
Their focus is on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green and they are passionate about delivering real innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency.
About the Role:
Working as a Lighting Controls Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing all pre and post order customer interface, ensuring safe and successful project delivery - on time within planned budget, whilst managing scope, risk and capturing variations. Specific duties will include;
- Take full commercial and technical ownership for allocated projects from enquiry - working with the sales team from order to contract close for key client’s.
- Develop and manage the project programme.
- Provide full technical management of the project - preferably directly, or alternatively supported by the local team.
- Provide key interface and communication between back office functions, outsourced activity and the customer.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the customer.
- Ensure the fulfilment of contract obligations and application of its contractual rights.
- Monitor and control project progress versus budget spending.
- Ensure full and effective reporting to management and inform them in a timely manner of major project events impacting project performance or compliance with governance principles.
- Fully understand customer specific requests for contract variations not included in the original scope.
- Identify and take all necessary actions to manage risk and capitalise on opportunities.
- Take full accountability for project profitability (cost, cash flow and margin) including forecasting, engagements follow - up and re-forecasting.
- Support the bid and tender teams as a 'Subject Matter Expert’.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Lighting Controls Project Manager, you must possess the following;
- Ideally coming from the Lighting Controls industry.
- A wealth of technical project management experience gained from within the electrical, lighting or construction fields.
- Experience of KNX and Dali or lighting equipment.
- An understanding of Electrical Testing Procedures.
- Experience gained from within an electrical contracting or sales environment.
- An electrical trade/electrical engineering qualification with demonstrated advancement.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Basic salary is up to £52,000 p.a
- Company Car
- 8% OTE (uncapped)
- Generous contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- 28 days holiday
- Flexible benefits package
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.