• Work with the business stakeholders to develop a project brief which clearly identifies the business need to be met, outlines realistic solution options, has clear links to the relevant business and technical strategies and indicative costs, benefits and resource requirements.
• Make a recommendation to the relevant approvals body on whether the brief should be approved, and if so on the relevant next steps e.g. whether the project requires fuller business analysis and/or solutions design or can proceed as an implementation project. requiring the full range of IT skills
• Once the Project Scope and associated documents have been completed and approved by the relevant Governance group, receive a hand-over from the IT resource team and commence the detailed planning and delivery phases. This includes establishing the project team which will typically comprises a range of IT technical skill sets. There may also be a need to provide advice on planning and resourcing to those carrying out the scoping activity.
• Develop the management products and use the agreed processes to plan the project and get agreement from the relevant Team Leaders on the availability of the required technical skills.
• Project manage up to 4 large projects and other smaller IT projects at any given time. Hold regular project team meetings and liaise closely with internal IT technical teams and external suppliers and contractors, ensuring that project work packages are delivered on time and to the agreed quality. Provide short weekly status updates highlighting Risks, Issues and providing early warning of any potential deviations from plan / budget for the relevant governance groups.
• Establish regular communication with Project Sponsors, project teams and other stakeholders, attending and presenting to Steering group meetings as required.
• Use the agreed Change Management processes to assess and obtain suitable approval for any changes to project scope, budget or delivery date.
• At least 5 years Project management experience
• Experience in both infrastructure and software projects
• Demonstrable aptitude in forming effective professional relationships
• Experience in both helping to develop and challenging project briefs and business cases
As well as a competitive salary you will be entitled to a generous pension and an exceptional holiday allowance.. This particular business pride themselves on their great work/life balance ethos.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job