The role holder will be offered a competitive daily rate, 3 months initially with a view to extend (employed via Adecco) working 5 days per week - Monday to Friday.
The Head of Innovation Delivery oversees a team of independent innovation project managers, each leading one or more innovation projects. Each PM is empowered to drive their project as they see fit to deliver an innovation demonstrator/proof-of-concept. Agency and advocacy are critical soft skills along with technical project management competencies.
* Lead innovation project delivery: shape proposition, coordinate and drive forward project partner contributions, coordinate client's project contribution including technical (leading between 1-3 projects, depending on complexity)
* Advocate for the projects inside and outside
* Build internal relationships required to ensure successful project delivery.
* Coordinate resources (hardware, subcontractor contributions)
* Lead quarterly project reviews with government
* Liaise with Innovation marketing and communications for project dissemination
* Work with Commercialisation/Business Development lead to aid project commercialisation.
* Provide updates and content as required to the Head of Innovation Delivery.
* Other tasks as required from time to time by the Head of Innovation Delivery.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Project Management qualification or relevant experience of working on Innovation projects - or projects with less structure and hard commitments than typical PRINCE2 engagements.
* Open to any background - entrepreneurial/SME background as helpful as corporate innovation
* An interest in technology and how it can solve the biggest challenges.
* Willingness to work with ambiguity, vacuum and gaps.
* Good written communication and problem solving skills
* Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification
* Good MS Office skills particularly Excel and Word.
* Excellent time management and organization skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with people in the team and external partners.
* Around 5% travel involved between sites
* Confident, motivated and articulate
* A willingness to embrace and advocate for new ideas
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.