Project Manager (Housing)
Remedy Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Project Housing Officer to work within a busy housing team that is Located in East London.
To deliver a high quality and customer focussed housing needs service, including housing advice, access to the Housing Register and homelessness services.
To use every available resource to tackle housing need and prevent homelessness in accordance to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
To contribute to the development, cohesion and integration of the wider housing service
Main Duties and Responsibilities-
- Deliver a comprehensive, customer focussed and high quality housing needs service, liaising with other sections, departments and agencies internally and externally in relation to housing or homelessness issues on behalf of home seekers
- Working proactively using initiative and knowledge to apply appropriate options to tackle housing need ensuring that the council's resources, including financial resources, are appropriately used according to the needs of the home seeker, enabling them to achieve sustainable and affordable solutions to their housing needs.
- Provide good quality housing advice to all, including, public, tenants, licensees, landlords and homeseekers regarding their legal rights and available options related to their housing using a holistic approach . This will include analysing complex information and relaying this information appropriately to the customer, including legal advice on housing, immigration and benefit legislation.
- Identify and respond proactively to every home seeker who may be at risk of homelessness and find the most effective means to prevent and tackle homelessness, fulfilling the Council's duties under housing, homelessness, and any other relevant legislation.
- To manage applications for social housing, including those of a complex nature and be responsible for applying the law and policy appropriately, reaching lawful and defensible decisions and ensuring that the Council's Housing Allocations Policy is implemented
- Deliver services within statutory and individual agreed targets to meet performance indicators and respond positively to all enquiries in accordance with service standards
- To take a lead on a particular topic and/or liaison with a partner department or agency as directed by the Place Shaping Manager (Demand). Ensure that colleagues are briefed on relevant issues relating to the topic/liaison.
- To ensure every registered home seeker receives confirmation of their housing opportunities and are assisted in making informed choices
- Identify and provide positive, effective and often complex legal and housing advice, and information to home seekers about their rights and options, in compliance with the Landlords & Tenants Act, Protection from Eviction Act, Housing and Homelessness Acts, and other related legislation. This will include immigration and benefits legislation.
- Carry out home visits to assess accuracy of applications and take a proactive approach to tackle housing needs and homelessness; dealing with a range of circumstances many of which will be complex and detailed.
- To maintain accurate, written and computerised records, reports and other monitoring information, as required, and to keep adequate management information database for legal requirements.
- To maintain clear referral processes with other agencies for additional specialist advice/support needs.
For more information please contact Bronte at Remedy on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job