Project Manager - Homebased with travel along M4 corridor
Capita IT Resourcing is partnered with a leading provider of technology and services to public sector organisations in their search for a new Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
To successfully deliver customer facing, application software implementations, training and consultancy projects to achieve the Business Plan and revenue targets.
- Prioritise service delivery to achieve Business Plan and Forecast revenue targets
- Ensure that Customer, Business Unit and Divisional Governance processes are followed
- Plan the deployment of Consultant and Technical resources following hand over from new sales and account management
- Manage the project's budget and reporting
- Implement and maintain appropriate systems to support effective delivery of customer based project work
- Ensure project delivery complies with commercial terms and conditions
- Produce RAG reports
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the project manager's responsibilities include:
- Planning, monitoring and performance management of the allocated projects, using the agreed planning tools, templates and performance metrics
- Working with Sales and Business Development Managers to ensure a smooth handover from sales
- Ensuring that projects are delivered in compliance with agreed commercial terms
- Ensuring that a consistent and robust Change Control process is implemented
- Work with all parties to identify risk and issues for allocated projects. Appropriate action planning to mitigate risks and resolve issues and timely escalation to ensure commercial risk profile for Capita is not significant increased
- Working with the Revenue Manager to prioritise service delivery to optimise revenue recognition and customer satisfaction levels
- Leading, motivating and clearly communicating with their project team to ensure the required outcomes are achieved. Constructive and honest feedback given to assist improvement activities or personal development
- Adherence to client governance processes and stakeholder management
- Quality controls are in place to minimise rework and delivery to the requirements
The job holder should have a good understanding and maintain knowledge of:
- Project Management and delivery methodologies
- Project governance
- Local Government structures and delegated authority
It is expected that the job holder will have extensive experience of working in a commercial capacity where project performance is regularly reviewed, monitored and challenged.
Essential skills and experience:
- Successful delivery of:
- IT projects in a public sector environment
- Training and consultancy projects linked to revenue targets
- Multiple projects with a combined value in excess of £1m
- Prince II, PMP or equivalent qualification
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Commercial awareness
Desirable skills and experience:
- Successful delivery of IT projects in a local government environment
- In-depth understanding of one or more of the follow:
- Social Care
- Revenues and Benefits
- Housing/Social housing
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please send me your CV via the link below for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'