Our client has a requirement for 2 highly motivated Project Managers to join the business and play a key role in managing the day to day highway maintenance and traffic business within their long-term property and highways outsourcing partnership contract. One Business Manager will be based from Blackburn and one will be based in the Salford site.
The Project Manager will lead the highway service in support of the Operations Director.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- A proven track record of managing a highways, drainage and traffic business in a local authority environment, ideally having worked for a private-sector outsourcing organisation.
- Management of a P&L for a business unit, including understanding of financial terminology (e.g. WIP, Accruals).
- Managing and setting client highway service budgets for a local authority client.
- Managing a team of technical employees.
- Ability to prioritise workload and complete within time and budget set.
- Project and programme management experience.
- Experience of leadership and previous line management responsibilities such as performance management, resource planning, supporting training and development of staff and improving staff welfare.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Clients at a senior level.
- Delivering quality services to maximise opportunities for repeat business.
- Ability to cope calmly under pressure and during the resolution of difficult situations.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint
- A strong problem solver
- Budget Management
- Business Development
- Health and Safety
- Compensation and Benefits
- Industrial/ Manufacturing Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job