Project Manager (Generator and UPS)
Location: Andover, Hampshire SP10 5LH
Salary: Competitive – Depending on Experience
About the company:
The UK’s leading Technical Experts in Standby Power, Uninterruptible Power Supplies and Combined Heat and Power Systems.
A thriving business, with 30 years in the standby power and energy efficiency markets, shentongroup Supply, install, hire and maintain critical power systems and associated equipment, such as generators, UPS systems, switchgear and CHP (Combined Heat and Power). We have a strong family management structure, and high standards of performance and ethics. We have a mature financial position. We trade from multiple locations around the UK, and you would be part of a team of circa 70 staff.
Your position would be within the Projects department, reporting to the Projects Operations Manager, but also working alongside the sales department.
Duties of the Project Manager (Generator and UPS):
- Attend hand-over meeting with the sales department to take ownership of the project
- Liaise with our supply chain for ordering components and coordinating sub-contractors
- Organise and attend client site technical meetings
- Coordinate delivery and installation logistics
- Oversee commissioning and make sure the project is complete
Requirements of the Project Manager (Generator and UPS):
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as an engineer in the industry, or similar role.
- Some previous relevant experience with diesel/gas engines.
- Strong practical knowledge of generator installations, including practical experience of changeover panels, inverter drives, remote radiators, electrical installations, fuel systems and associated BMS controls etc.
- Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems.
- Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap / Deep Sea etc.
- IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, and Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite etc.
- Happy with high mileage driving, and working away from home
- High standards of cleanliness and personal presentation. Able to conduct yourself in director level meetings in a boardroom environment.
- Ability to think on your feet, and function effectively in a fast moving business.
- Comfortable working in a hard driving well motivated team, of very focused people, with robust working relationships.
- IT/Broadband Network knowledge (Desirable)
- CAD Qualification or practical skill (Desirable)
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification (Desirable)
- IEE 17th Edition Qualified (Desirable)
- CSCS card (Desirable)
- Experience with building services plant (both electrical and mechanical) (Desirable)
- Knowledge of BMS protocol languages such as Modbus / Profibus / BACNet etc (Desirable)
- Already own basic electrical & mechanical tool kit (Desirable)
Project Manager (Generator and UPS) Benefits:
- 25 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty programme
- Attractive salary
- Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited profit share scheme
- Fully flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling that may be needed
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Project Manager (Generator and UPS) role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job