Who we are
Established in the UK in 2007, Santander Operations (formerly Geoban) is a key part of Santander, one of the world's biggest banks. With our 4,000 people, we provide operational services across our UK operations, from opening accounts and cards through to complex customer queries, collections and support. Santander Operations is the back bone of the bank's operations, playing a critical role in back office activities that keep the bank's 800 plus branches running. More than 14 million Santander UK customers, and 600,000 businesses and corporate customers, benefit from the services we provide from our UK sites. We deliver high quality, cost efficient services from established centres of excellence, in Newcastle, Teesside, Bootle, Liverpool and Bradford and more. We believe that our 'simple, personal and fair' values underpin our business and inspire us to provide the best possible operational services for Santander UK customers and the best company for employees.
What you'll be doing
* Delivering through local impacted Business Managers and technical specialists, significant stakeholder management, support and coaching is required. Projects will be managed for the full end-to-end lifecycle and will be subject to challenging timescales.
* The chief focus of the role will be the Santander Operations-wide management and delivery of the migration of CAPB Operations from the existing Ovation platform to a new replacement platform. As such this will be a significant requirement, offering the opportunity for the successful candidate to lead an interesting and challenging deliverable, working very closely with both Santander Operations colleagues and also stakeholders from outside of Santander Operations.
* Managing Projects/Initiatives
* Full lifecycle end to end project management and delivery of multiple large and / or complex projects including:
* Scoping, definition, benefits analysis and prioritisation.
* Project Planning and resource impact analysis
* Risk and Issue management and resolution
* Communications / training
* Roll out planning and execution
* Benefit analysis and post implementation lessons
* The role will involve working with multiple and senior stakeholders onshore and offshore up to director level
Where you'll work
The team manage change across all the business units that form part of Santander Operations from small marketing initiatives up to major integration projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and delivery of, potentially, multiple and complex projects linking in with colleagues from the Bank (including IT functions), and the various business and support areas of Santander Operations, as necessary. This will include supporting the business to ensure benefits are delivered and projects appropriately handed over into BAU.
Who we're looking for
* Knowledge of financial services processes
* Significant Project Management experience supported by business experience in a specialist or managerial role.
* Qualified to degree level preferably with additional professional change and project management qualifications e.g. 6 Sigma, APM etc.
* Requirement for conceptual thinking and working from first principles, rather than using a standard prescribed formula.
* Ability to develop solutions to complex operational and processing problems, which involves discussions with internal stakeholders to determine requirements and drawing upon appropriate specialist expertise where appropriate.
* Ability to develop and implement project plans, managing customer relationships and coordinating cross-functional project teams.
* Ability to prepare reports and deliver presentations to customers and senior management regarding project status, results and recommendations
* Ability to assess and understand the business issues and drivers which impact the project and its delivery - getting hands dirty when required to ensure everything works correctly
* be self-reliant and able to work both independently and as part of a larger team
* be able to produce high quality deliverables within tight and immovable deadlines
* have excellent communication skills
* show ability to structure and analyse issues and suggest solutions to line management
* have good prioritisation skills
* have people management skills
Start dates: ASAP
Project Delivery date: 31/10/18
Apply now to start a truly rewarding career with Santander Operations.