Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Base location: Raynes Park, London SW20
Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
What is the Project Manager role?
Reed Specialist Recruitment are looking for a Project Manager to join it’s experienced in house IT team. Working alongside other Project Manager's, you will be responsible for managing a diverse range of short, medium and long term technical projects throughout the full lifecycle. From early requirement gathering, to initial planning, to creating & maintaining project plans, to project sign off and throughout delivery.
You will take ownership of the successful delivery of your own project portfolio, providing a vital role in the smooth running and improvement of the IT estate.
Key responsibilities for the IT Project Manager include the following:
• Responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of multiple projects and small change requests.
• Ensuring that realistic project, quality and risk plans are prepared and maintained and that change control procedures are followed.
• Monitoring and controlling resources and costs against the project budget, managing expectations of internal IT and external company stakeholders.
• Using recommended project control solutions for planning scheduling and tracking of projects. Sets up project files, compiles and distributes reports.
• To plan, direct and coordinate activities to manage and implement interrelated projects from initiation to final operational stage.
• Identifies and manages resources necessary for all stages (planning, estimation, execution) of individual projects to ensure that technical, financial and quality targets are met.
What can REED offer me in return?
You will receive 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, the chance to buy, sell and carry over holiday, paid sabbaticals after every 5 years of service, long standing service awards, a discount scheme, pension, season ticket loans, access to health insurance, free eye tests, personal development schemes, paid rewards for innovative ideas, childcare vouchers and many many more!
Who would suit the Project Manager role?
We are ideally looking for someone with project management experience and preferably within an IT environment. Technical experience is preferred. You will also need to have the ability to manage a fast evolving portfolio of changes across multiple technology applications and solutions.
Other important key skills you will need include excellent communication, excellent stakeholder management, good attention to detail and also strong analytical thinking and problem solving ability.
Someone with a project methodology qualification would be ideal, but you will need to have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Excel.
Who are Reed Specialist Recruitment:
Reed Specialist Recruitment (RSR) is the largest part of the Reed Global Group (www.reedglobal.com), which also includes Europe’s biggest jobsite - www.reed.co.uk ; one of the world’s leading Welfare To Work providers - Reed In Partnership; and the UK’s leading training provider - Reed Learning.
We have been operating since 1960 when Sir Alec Reed first set us up and he has now handed over the reins to his son James Reed (you might have seen him on The Apprentice last year), so we are still a family run business to this day. Not bad for a company that has more than 3,000 permanent employees working across 425 business units in 180 locations worldwide, including Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific!
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed Specialist Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business