Event Project Manager
EVENT PROJECT MANAGER
"The only thing stopping you achieving what you want is you."
Are you an experienced Event Manager or Event Project Manager with agency experience? Are you excited about a new challenge managing venues, suppliers, service providers and partners? If so, this is the role for you!
We have a truly amazing opportunity to join an events agency that is developing at an impressive pace, with innovation, creativity and a real emphasis on first-client event management and client delivery.
The Event Project Manager will be supporting developing business opportunities with assigned clients and company Managers whilst developing strong and ongoing client relationships where services meet and exceed expectations. Alongside this, you will operationally manage the delivery of sold events following clear project management methodologies and budget adherence (which includes foreign currency exchange monitoring) under minimal guidance of Manager. The Event Project Manager will need to ensure that all assigned projects are delivered to in-line with client service level agreements (SLAs) whilst understanding and supporting the required profit margins. You’ll be participating in, and assisting with junior staff members work, internal training, team growth and company expansion and progress.
Key accountabilities of the Event Project Manager include:
Client Management -
- Demonstrating clear communication with and pro-active management of assigned client relationships, as well as with other members of the team to general proposals and briefs. Providing excellent customer service through to delivery, and hosting clients during site visits.
- Managing the delivery of events on time, within budget, that exceed client expectations - under minimal supervision and support. Develop ongoing management of the clear timelines and priorities on every project, and researching venues, suppliers and service providers in UK and internationally. Managing supplier relationships on assigned projects and handling issue resolution with support of Project Lead or Manager.
- Manage the operational and administrative functions to ensure assigned projects are delivered efficiently and effectively - following the agreed project management processes with minimal supervision.
- Attend to either manage or support site inspections and assigned event deliveries on-site.
- Support clients and other team colleagues on-site in areas such as registration and full event management. This could be anywhere in the world and may involve longer hours and travel outside of normal office hours.
- Accountable for managing the changes to the agreed Scope of Work
- Manage the agreed client event budget for all assigned projects, working closely with assigned Project Lead.
- Accountable for monitoring of foreign exchange (FX) rates for client’s budgets - ensuring clear client communication of the effects of any FX changes to the client to avoid any financial liabilities on Avenue Events. Woking closely with the support of Finance Manager or assigned Project Lead.
- Following the developed processes for financial project management and maintaining clear project files.
- Management of the post-event financial reconciliation processes, together with client debrief and post event reporting supported by the assigned Project Lead and/or Finance Manager.
- Understanding of and accountable for the delivery of each project’s profit levels as agreed with the assigned Project Lead and/or Finance Manager.
- On-going supplier negotiations throughout the project to improve profitability or add-on benefits.
- Escalation of any project or client issues in a timely and pro-active manner to company Managers. Providing possible solutions for consideration.
- Attending familiarisation trips to develop your destination and venue knowledge. (This is likely to involve occasional weekend time).
- Develop, maintain and updating all office administration systems.
- Assisting as required in marketing & PR campaigns. Representing the company when requested in a professional manner when at external industry events.
- Carry out other duties as may be required from time to time to further the business, as directed by the Agency management team.
- Attending networking events and training courses as part of continual personal development.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Event/Project Manager
- Proven, strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Experienced at developing good client relationships
- Well organised and strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail
- A great level of financial acumen and budget management at event level • Strong & proven international venue knowledge
- On-site event management throughout the UK
- Some experience of presentations
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office including Excel, Power Point and Word
- Ability to travel both internationally and throughout the UK
- Full UK driving license
- Proven people skills and self-motivated
- International on-site event management
- Some experience of working with Production and Creative partners
- Previous Account Management/Client Services position
- Language(s) to intermediate level - both oral and written
- Sales experience and working with assigned sales targets
- Business finance knowledge at Profit & Loss level
- Educated to degree level
This position would suit: Event Manager: Senior Event Manager, Event Project Manager, Project Manager Events, Events Manager, Events Executive, Senior Events Coordinator, Events Coordinator, Senior Events Executive, Event Executive, Project Manager
- Project Management
- event management
- event planning