Project Manager - Events Agency
£30,000 - £35,000
Your role as Project Manager will be to build and sustain excellent client relationships, leading and supporting diverse clientele through wide ranging projects with responsibility for the full event management cycle - from conception to planning and development to delivery and review. To engage with the junior team and assist with knowledge sharing and mentoring. To work with the Manager and senior team to actively share the pressures of the day to day management of the team. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Project Management & Director or Project Management Team.
Our client, established in 1980, are one of Europe's most experienced and largest fully integrated, award winning communications agencies. From the strategic communication consultancy to their complete in-house production facilities for digital media, video, events & print, they deliver to companies of all sizes that span a wide range of markets.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
As a pivotal position within the company, you are responsible for managing all aspects of a project. From working on initial client briefs, generating and pitching for jobs, through to detailed planning and delivery on site. The role will require worldwide travel and management with key responsibilities being shared over a team you will manage to deliver UK and overseas events.
Your principle duties:
International logistics and reconciliation of accounts
Complete control of all delegate/staff and client travel arrangements through our booking systems
Organising events, conferences, road shows, product launches and gala dinners including full end to end planning and communication
Interpret client briefing requirements accurately, influence where appropriate, produce full production proposals which you will be expected to co-ordinated within the company
Accurately and pro-actively record, develop and share clients’ requirements through excellent listening skills and excellent channels of communication
Effectively lead, direct and develop team members assigned to a project delivering to company standards whilst exceeding clients’ expectations
Managing clients’ and colleagues’ expectations acting as a single point of contact, through pro-active management and effective project planning with realistic deadlines
Take ownership and actively manage assigned budgets whilst effectively influencing and negotiating with internal and external parties to ensure targeted profits are achieved and ideally exceeded
To be able to manage budget is various monetary currencies.
Building relationships with third party providers, working in partnership with the finance team to ensure best value and delivery against prescribed service level agreements
To pro-actively alert the company regarding any irregularities, lack of adherence, and or problems which could result in detrimental implications within the project
Participate in regular meetings with the senior team and work to improve the junior team with mentoring and knowledge sharing
Required skills, qualifications & experiences:
- A minimum of 5-7 years proven experience, running events, agency based is essential
- International experience of logistically challenging events
- Experience of full flight co-ordination
- Implementing and maintaining delegate movement plans
- A proven track record of event reconciliation
- Good worldwide and experience of working with cities and hotels/venues
- To be able to provide example of using DMC’s on large projects.
- Experience of overseas events of over 750 delegates
- To work efficiently over different time zones
- Experience in UK end to end managing events for over 1000 people is essential
- Proven experience of leading, directing or co-ordinating teams through event management is essential and ideally operating within a matrix management structure
- Excellent rapport building, active listening and communication skills are essential supported by proven relationships internally and externally
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills with a passion for customer service, delivery and attention to detail - must leave no stone unturned!
- Proven experience of financial and budget management. Experience of managing event budgets over £1,000,000.00 is preferred
- Experience of producing client proposals
- Experience in managing multiple clients and events simultaneously are essential
Experience of working in fast moving and client focused businesses coupled with a flexible, methodical and logical approach to work
- An understanding of, ideally supported by experience of production elements, including technical, design, print, video, multi-media and presentation would be advantageous
- Experience in delegate management including online registration is preferable
- All financial, commercial, administrative and customer focused competencies commensurate with responsibility for project management and Incentive Travel delivery
- In undertaking duties demonstration of the company’s core values
(Connect with us for full job description.)
This role would suit: Agency Project Manager, Event Project Manager, Event Project Coordinator, Event Manager, Junior Event Project Manager, Event People Management.
- Budget Management
- Event Management
- Delegate Management
- Project Planning
- Managing Events