Becoming a Design Build Test - Project Manager (DBT) with DCC Smart Metering:
Location - Preston Brook (Travel to other DCC sites may be required)
Competitive Salary and benefits
We are recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to deliver a project under DCC's Smart Metering programme. The successful candidate will be recruited into Portfolio Management Services permanent practice of PPM professionals. DCC has complex reporting and delivery models, therefore stakeholder management, effective communication/collaborative working skills and keen price-control are key to successful project management via recognised methodologies.
What you will do:
Successful start-up, initiation, delivery and closure of projects; applying appropriate knowledge, skills, tools, techniques and practice at each stage and with effective stakeholder management throughout
Your experience will include:
- Frameworks and methodologies: The ability to identify and/or develop frameworks and methodologies that will ensure management of change initiatives will be comprehensive and consistent across different initiatives.
- Business case: The ability to prepare, gain approval of, refine and update business cases that justify the initiation and/or continuation of change initiatives in terms of benefits, costs and risks.
- Governance arrangements: The ability to establish and maintain governance structures that define clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for governance and delivery of change initiatives, and that align with organisational practice.
- Requirements management: The ability to prepare and maintain definitions of the requirements of change initiatives.
- Consolidated planning: The ability to consolidate and document the fundamental components of a change initiative: scope; schedule; resource requirements; budgets; risks, opportunities and issues; and quality requirements.
- Schedule management: The ability to prepare and maintain schedules for activities and events for change initiatives, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements.
- Resource management: The ability to develop, implement and update resource allocation plans (other than finance) for change initiatives, taking account of availabilities and scheduling.
- Risk, opportunity and issue management: The ability to identify and monitor risks (threats and opportunities), to plan and implement responses to those risks, and respond to other issues that affect the change initiative.
- Budgeting and cost control: The ability to develop and agree budgets for change initiatives, and to control forecast and actual costs against the budgets.
- About DCC Smart MeteringDCC Smart Metering are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.| Become a Change Maker |
- Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
- What we hope you will do next
- As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 25 day's holiday (rising to 27), a discretionary annual bonus company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
- What's in it for you?
- At DCC Smart Metering we've built the data and communications infrastructure that will support the mass roll out of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small businesses across the country. The world's most ambitious smart meter roll out will see over 53 million smart meters installed across the UK by 2020. Join us and you'll be part of a team that is supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'