Project Manager - Defence Sector (multiple locations)
- World class Manufacturing business
- 37 hours per week (normal days)
We currently have a terrific opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join a truly brilliant Manufacturing business, we have full time opportunities based in Northolt, Aylesbury, High Wycombe and Weymouth. All these roles are permanent job roles with Project values up to £20m+
Responsible for the following with respect to Information Assurance projects, programmes, PV and proposals:
- Managing projects to meet project milestones, schedule and budget requirements.
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
- Achieving acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
- Accurately forecasting project cost, cash & resource demands
- Establishing and maintaining project metrics to measure and report progress
- Effectively communicating with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effectively managing project issues, risk & opportunities, data, and action logs, including item closure.
- Managing subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget
- Planning and conducting effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
- Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
- Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans), to provide planning basis for the team and customers.
Experience in project managing engineering development projects in the defence sector. (ESSENTIAL)
Ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects from concept to delivery and closure.
Experience of MS Office including MS Project
A strong and varied background in scheduling/budgeting/cost management with proven Degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience
Dedicated to meeting customer expectations and requirements (both internal and external); gets first-hand customer information and uses it to improve products/services. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers; gains their trust and respect.
Accurately scopes tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals and breaks down work into manageable assignments dependent on staff ability; anticipates problems; measures performance against goals, evaluates results and adapts accordingly.
Comfortable in dealing with senior managers, and can present to them without tension or nervousness; understands senior managers’ needs and rationales; uses relevant
Makes decisions in a timely manner; sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
Degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience
Project management qualifications preferred, such as APMP.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
**Due to the nature of this business, only candidates with British citizenship can be considered**
- INFORMATION ASSURANCE
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'