Project Manager - Contract
I have now been engaged by a large Engineering organisation based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire who due to expansion are looking to recruit a Project Manager - contract to be the owner of new projects. As the Contract Project Manager you will manage and direct the project development from contract award through to completion.
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client are a Engineering business who supply products and projects to a range of industries including, Power, Energy, Automation and Oil & Gas. Due to continued expansion and success they now have the need to recruit a Project Manager - Contract to be based at their South Yorkshire operations commutable from Barnsley, Sheffield, Wakefield and surrounding areas.
The Project Manager - Contractor has primary responsibility for leading the team to ensure the objectives are defined, planned, tracked and managed during the lifecycle of the projects assigned. The incumbent will work to successfully deliver projects in a manner that fulfils contractual and technical requirements, meets or exceeds customer expectations, and adheres to safety and ethical standards, while achieving company target margins and promoting the business reputation in the market place. This will be based in Sheffield.
Project Manager - Contract has ownership of each assigned project, responsible for resolving project problems in a timely manner, and maintaining project quality and adherence to schedule and budget.
- Planning & Scheduling: Using information about activities and deliverables to determine the overall project duration, and when activities and events are scheduled to occur.
- Project Resource Management: Identifying, securing and assigning resources to activities so that the project is delivered within scope, cost and timescales.
Budget and Cost Management: Ensuring budgets are estimated, agreed, tracked and managed properly throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Project Risk and Issue Management: Anticipating, identifying, assessing and addressing potential or actual events and items that may impact positively or negatively on project delivery or benefits realisation.
- Progress Monitoring and Reporting: Reviewing and reporting on all aspects of project progress through the timely and accurate collection, maintenance and dissemination of project information to stakeholders.
To apply for the position of Project Manager - Contract based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire you will have:
Required Education / Experience
- Degree in Business, Engineering, IT or related field; or
- Extensive and proven project and/or implementation management experience of medium projects across Engineering, Procurement and Construction / Commissioning.
- Certified Project Manager.
- Experience working with remote/dispersed teams is highly desirable.
- Experience working on international projects is desirable.
- MS Project - Expert preferred, proficient required.
- Engineering experience is an advantage.
- Experience in the Industrial or Power & Energy markets is desirable but not essential.
- Proficient in MS Office & SharePoint.
Salary Range is £30,000 - £45,000
Travel expectations is 10%
Benefits: - Pension, Company-wide bonus scheme, and additional benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"