Project Manager -Twickenham - £30k - £35k Neg
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a well-established storage and logistics company based in South West London.
To offer Project Management support within the Contracting Department. The post holder will be required to have excellent project and account management skills. The ability to work within close time constraints and within budget. You will need to be able to work from the start to the fruition of the project, working closely with their key clients.
It would also be a great advantage if a second European language was spoken. You will also need to be open to travel with this role, both in the UK and Europe. This role would suit someone who comes from a construction background.
Hours of business - Monday to Friday, 8.30 - 5pm
- Site meetings
- Site surveys
- Liaising with clients
- Liaising with contractors and sub-contractors
- Ensuring all elements of the project run smoothly, within budget and time constraints
- Management of subcontractors and external suppliers
- Budget management and control
- Purchasing, ordering and expediting of materials both in house and from external suppliers
- Surveying of sites UK and Europe
- Technical support to sales team
- Customer facing
- Project and budget reporting
- Management of onsite installations
- Financial management of project expenses as well as contract variations.
- Control of project from sales handover to client handover
- Liaison between sales, factory and client
- Second language ability (preference)
- Planning resources
- Customer satisfaction and complaints resolution
- Extensive travel in the UK and Europe
- Excellent organisations skills
- Energy and drive
- A strong influencer / negotiator
- An ideas person
- Someone who wishes to progress in their career
- Excellent customer service skills
- Wiling to travel
- Lives 10 miles radius of Twickenham
Qualifications and skills
- Experience as a project manager in line with the APM Competency Framework (Association for Project Managers)
- Experience in the commercial aspects of delivering projects for external customers in terms of customer charging, internal cost control and achievement of margin.
- A sound understanding at a basic level of core project financial disciplines such as profit and loss accounting, revenue, cost and cash flow forecasting.
- Trade supervisor in construction
- Health and Safety qualifications
- Any building qualifications will be an advantage
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Valuations
- Trainee quantity surveyor
- Language would be an advantage not a necessity
We do try to get back to as many applicants as possible, however some roles are in very high demand, and we will always carefully select and shortlist the resumes that are most aligned to our client`s requirements; so, if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
- account management
- site surveys
- foreign language