Project Manager / Clerk of works
- Very competitive salary (get in touch to discuss)
- Industry leading pension scheme
Our client, a truly global organisation with a huge market share in their field of expertise require a talented and forward thinking Project Manager / Clerk of works to oversee a brand new project. Typical value of this project is £1.5 Million +. If you feel you have what it takes to see this project through to the end, please get in touch!
- Support the Facilities Manager in successful project delivery.
- To manage, coordinate, supervise and deliver construction projects for both new-build and fit-out across our clients Property portfolio from inception through to completion.
- Managing multiple projects on live operational sites.
- Establish and communicate project feasibility, timescale and budget information.
- Generation of project specifications / scope of works.
- Request, collate and distribute all contractual documentation required
- Selection management and administration of building contracts (JCT / NEC etc.).
- Overseeing tender and selection process.
- Liaising with external stakeholders including architects, engineers, consultants and contractors.
- Management and administration of CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, Scaffolding Regulations and Planning and Building Regulations and related compliance requirements.
- Instructing surveys of sites, existing buildings etc. for environmental, conditional and geographical issues.
- Attend, chair and minute (as appropriate) meetings with internal stakeholders, design team, consultants and subcontractors.
- Maintain and issue weekly progress reports for all projects.
- Report and make recommendations both orally and in writing about any aspect of the works including quality which do not conform to the plans, specifications or schedules of works and other documentation that might be unsatisfactory for any other reasons of designs, work or cost. Refer recommendations to Facilities Manager / Project Team for a decision on further instruction.
- Check that progress is maintained according to the building programme and advise on any likely cause for delay to the Facilities Manager / Project Team.
- Prepare and attend snagging inspections and advise the Project Team prior to the issue of Certificate of Practical Completion. Ensure that schedules of defects after handover are maintained, and their rectification before the expiration of the defects liability period.
- Work in collaboration with members of the Project Design Team to ensure projects, both pre and post contract, run smoothly and objectives are achieved.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge and awareness of all relevant regulations, British Standards and Codes of practice and ensure compliance with company Policies and Quality Management Procedures
- Ensure best practices and quality are being maintained
- Monitor project health and safety on a daily basis and report to the company Facilities Manager / H&S Manager.
- Request, collate and distribute O&M Manuals
- Undertake sub-contractors assessments throughout and at the end of the contract period
- Applicants will have 4+ years’ experience in a Construction Project Management position.
- In-depth understanding of various forms of building contract (JCT / NEC etc.).
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, and Planning and Building Regulations and related compliance requirements.
- Good PC based skills, with experience in Word/Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of managing and evaluating subcontractors.
- Construction Project Management Degree or similar construction related qualification in Project Management, Architecture, Engineering, Surveying or Building
- Membership of an appropriate institute e.g. MRICS / Institute of Clerk of Work and Construction Inspectorate or equivalent verifiable work based experience and training.
- Fully qualified/certified (SMSTS, SSSTS, CSCS etc)
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to tight deadlines
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.