Our client is a company born from success in designing and building land-based fish farms in Nova Scotia, Canada. It has set up in the UK to meet the requirements of delivering a major project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a major, multi-million dollar Project and is the first of a succession of similar farms.
- Site construction and the installation of plant and equipment is from scratch. It will need a highly capable and effective Project Manager to initiate and implement the programme phases and overcome inevitable difficulties along the way.
- The incumbent will need to work between the UK and KSA representing the interests of both the Company and the Client in delivering successful project objectives in agreed timescales and to budget.
- The Project Manager will be the key person in coordinating all site work and ensuring that the necessary resources are available to meet the construction programme.
- Providing advice, feedback, timely interventions and reporting.
- Working closely with all stakeholders, building strong relationships, highly effective management, motivation.
- Recruiting specialists and sub-contractors as required, monitoring their work and progress.
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing.
- Submit project status reports to stakeholders, anticipate and react to change.
The project involves a number of key stages:
- The full design of the land-based fish farm.
- The supply (including fabrication and assembly) of materials, plant and equipment to site.
- Working alongside the main contractor to ensure that the build meets the design criteria and specification.
- Overseeing the installation of specialist plant and equipment to the required specification and standards.
- Commissioning the farm and preparing it for operations.
- Helping to train staff to operate the equipment effectively.
- Monitor performance and act to ensure the optimal performance is generated for the Client.
- Must have experience of working on large construction projects; comfortable taking responsibility for budgets in excess of $20 million.
- Track record of delivering successful projects.
- Sound technical knowledge.
- Systems of control.
- Understand how to test and assure quality of end deliverables.
- Effective use of IT.
- Strong team building and able to build strong relationships; demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of differences in cultural practices.
- Advantageous to have worked overseas, preferably the Middle East and / or KSA.
Salary c£80K. Our client would be prepared to go higher for the appropriately qualified applicant.
Location: Plymouth, South Devon, UK. You will need to work between the UK and KSA (Approx. 2 weeks out of 8).
To apply for this position please contact our Recruitment Partner:
Emmerson-Ross Recruitment, Torquay
Contact: Graeme Ross
- Construction Engineering
- Project Management
- Water Systems
- People Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job