Project Manager - Business Change
My client, a global powerhouse within the aviation industry, is looking for a Business Change Project Manager to join their team in London on an initial 6 month contract.
The requirements for this position are very specific and the hiring manager needs a strong Project Manager with change experience. Please do not apply if you are:
- A Business Change Specialist with project management experience
- A Programme Manager
- An IT Project Manager
Purpose of the role
Accountable for the delivery of a single business change project, workstream within a larger project or multiple small projects within a programme or portfolio area
- Plan and deliver projects, monitoring their overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate with key stakeholders.
- Manage projects to agreed specifications, timescales, adhering to internal control needs and to budget and ensuring appropriate planning is in place.
- Determines, establishes and manages appropriate and effective project governance structures, with clear roles and responsibilities and escalation criteria identified.
- Manages stakeholder expectations at all levels through clear communication, regular updates, with appropriate involvement from the Group IT Transformation Programme Manager and/or Lead Project Manager.
- Manages robust processes for risks, issues and dependencies and change control
- Identifies resource requirements to ensure successful delivery of projects in close collaboration with the Group IT Transformation Programme Manager
- Manages and leads cross-functional project teams as required.
- Key Relationships / Interfaces
- Group IT Transformation Programme Manager and Project Managers
- Stakeholders in Group IT, HR, Finance, Procurement and Legal
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Professional Project Management accreditation desirable e.g. Prince2/APMP (Association of Project Management Professionals)
- Ability to manage projects in a fast-paced global environment with tight deadlines, finite resources and conflicting priorities
- Excellent planning, organisation, prioritising and forecasting skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Excellent stakeholder management skills across a diverse geographic region, with ability to challenge, engage with and influence stakeholders at multiple levels
- Proactive approach and forward looking approach to the project such as managing risks and engagement with stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work collaboratively, align diverse views and gain consensus, providing clarity on what is to be achieved.
- Ability to work independently, take personal ownership of issues and delivery, recognising when to escalate to resolve issues
- Ability to resolve complex issues through an objective and analytical approach, developing options and negotiating resolutions.
- Ability to translate project objectives into a set of project tasks.
- Good business acumen which enables consideration of the wider impact and dependencies of projects.
- Ability to manage virtual teams
- A track record of owning, managing Business change/Transformation projects, ideally in an IT organisation but not essential
- Proven ability to manage projects from scoping, start up to implementation, managing internal and external project resources and internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working under pressure, working within a fast-moving, ambiguous environment and finite resources
- Experience of leading a cross-functional and / or cross-departmental project team. Experience of managing projects with 3rd party suppliers.
- Experienced in using the IT tools - Excel / PowerPoint / Project / SharePoint / Microsoft Project/Word
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.