Project Manager - Business Case Support Officer CBS183
Join us as a SEO Business Case Support Officer with the Home Office
(Croydon, fulltime, permanent)
The Home Office
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
The Role of a Business Case Support Officer (SEO)
Your role as Business Case Support Officer will be to successfully lead the team and finance department including - large portfolios and projects within a finance/ commercial capacity, such as Invoices, expenditures, forecasting, asset management, commercial arrangements within budgets, with five core elements considered:
- Highlighting the strategic context for change
- Economic analysis on appraisal of return on investment
- Tailoring a commercial approach derived from sourcing and procurement strategies
- Budgetary management and affordability within designated time frames
- Managerial decisions on role allocation, governance structure, life cycle, and other key project areas
Essential Criteria required for the role:
- Stakeholder management
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and organisation skills
- Experience within Project Management / PMO environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use a range of applications (Excel, Power Point etc) to document requirements
- Risk and Issues management
- Planning experience
Desirable Criteria required for the role:
- Line Manager experience
- Exposure to large or complex multifaceted projects
- Ability to tailor communication style and structure to effectively converse with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- PRINCE2 or similar professional certification
Key Outcome & Deliverables -
Within the Business Case Support Officer role, you will have solid experience in delivering Project Management delivery and principles such as planning, risk management, reporting, commercial and financial tracking in a Public-sector environment.
As part of the role you will produce plans in MSP, Project resource Management, RAIDs whilst building and leading diverse teams of skilled people. Have a background in PMO delivery in a public-sector environment and Co-ordinate project delivery with other teams and suppliers daily, whilst building stakeholder relationships at all levels.
Please note successful applicants will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance. The position will initially be remote in accordance with government guidelines.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'