We're looking for an experienced Project Manager with some experience of managing BI, data warehousing or similar projects for a successful boutique consultancy specialising in budgeting and forecasting solutions.
They are around 30 people right now with multiple concurrent projects that the project manager will have total oversight on providing a complex project environment with lots of challenges. This is a great chance to be recognised for doing good work.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of leading successful, multi-disciplined project teams
- Thorough practical understanding of Prince 2
- A positive solution focused mind-set
- Experience with accounting practices or data warehousing
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with all parties and teams, across the program
- Delivers engaging, informative, well organised presentations
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the governance, scoping & development of solutions required on behalf of the client. In doing this, you will work closely with the internal teams, and third parties; including the client’s stakeholders, tracking progress, identifying risks to success and collaborating with consulting teams to mitigate those risks.
You will have to be strong in character to make sure you can manage difficult stakeholders across projects and keep consulting teams on track.
- Ensuring timescales and deliverables are met alongside consultants
- Continually reviewing risks associated with project completion / delivery and outline mitigation plans, and surfacing highlights where required
- Helping hone the processes across project management including elements of Prince 2 governance
- Be responsible for primary deliverables including the creation of project requirements and specifications for complex projects, for example:
o Business cases
o Opportunity assessment
o Scoping/Scheduling Document
o Product Specification (PRD)
o Dependency Checklists
- Oversee, and own the commercials for the project
Measures will be:
- Accuracy, timeliness, cost management of project deliveries
- Rapport & feedback from the client & internal teams
- Successful deployment and ongoing assessment of 'fit for purpose’ capabilities
An interesting chance to get out of a large company environment a lot of PMs find themselves in and be recognised rather than just being a cog in a large machine.
- Data Warehousing
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job