As a Project Manager within TUI you will manage IT projects, ensuring successful delivery within agreed time, cost and quality constraints. The IT department consists of various teams which support our operational business units. The sub-divisions which partner and support business leaders with their operational strategies include the Portfolio Management Team (Project Management Office, Project and Portfolio Management), IT Service Delivery, IT Solutions, IT Strategy & Architecture and the Business Improvement team.
The Portfolio Management Team is responsible for the definition, governance and delivery of a vast range of IT projects. These initiatives touch all areas of our business across Commercial functions (Retail and Tour Operations), Airline, Call Centres, eCommerce and several office locations. Your work will focus on the Business Intelligence and Analytics areas that include Yield Management. The Portfolio Management team has successfully delivered IT programmes and projects over the past 2 years which have consistently improved customer experiences and will continue to provide a fantastic service across our travel brands.
The focus on Analytics and Business Intelligence portfolio for this role will include Big Data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technology implementation. This will demand greater numeracy and a capability to understand these concepts.
What you will be doing
As Project Manager you’ll be accountable for the end-to-end management of assigned projects, managing financial and resource usage to ensure that your wider project team of IT and business stakeholders are engaged and supported. Collaboration will be required with project sponsors and IT professionals such as architecture and development specialists to successfully deliver projects.
You will also build, lead and motivate a team which may involve people from other areas and third party suppliers. Within this role you will also be responsible for the production of key project files and documentation. e.g. plan, PID, stage plans, risk and issue logs.
Your ability to understand the strategic intent of changes you are delivering will ensure that you can reflect business priorities correctly in the decisions you will need to make. Your domain understanding will ensure that you can accurately convey technology concepts and their benefits to business outcomes.
What we are looking for
• Strong, practical project management experience ideally on small, medium and large scale projects
• Track record of successfully delivering projects – on time, in full and to budget in a flexible and appropriate manner within the BI and Analytics Domain
• Ability to communicate simply and clearly the features and benefits of selected BI and Analytics technologies.
• Essential Prince II qualified and abilities with using Microsoft Project
• An understanding of IT technology and its pragmatic application
• A thorough understanding of the development cycle and project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, DSDM, RAD) and an ability to switch ensuring maximum flexibility
• Experience of managing remote development groups or third parties with a particular emphasis on offshore management
• Accurate, timely and clear reporting of Risks, Issues, Action Log updates, Status Reports, Dependency logs, plans and milestones, resources, timesheets, Financials (Forecast, Accruals, Actuals) in the prescribed portfolio management tools.
• Ability to matrix-manage a project delivery team that is cross functional: Service Delivery, Security, Architecture, Engineering, Quality, Solution Design and Commercial teams.
• Able to manage complexity and ambiguity
• Experience in dealing with multiple vendors
• Stakeholder management skills in a (business) technically complex environment
• Able to be proactive and manage projects and situations independently
• Strong conflict management skills
• Proven decision-making skills – excellent commercial judgement
• Work may require travel to and from TUI UK locations. The role may also require some overseas travel.
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world.
The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.