Project Manager - Baggage Programme
Salary: £Competitive, Up to 30% performance related bonus, car allowance, family cover medical insurance and additional benefits and rewards
The Project Manager is accountable for the timely delivery of the activities on a project or several projects within the baggage programme.
Responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering the project from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up, performance testing, initial operations, and project close-out. Supervises the development of budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure program/project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications. Primary GAL contact for all project field activities.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Reports to the Programme Manager.
- Principal contact and focal point for all communications.
- Ensures scope, design basis and objectives are defined.
- Ensures best practices/lessons learned are reviewed and implemented.
- Promotes the use of constructability reviews during project design and execution.
- Monitors and controls all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract, that a trend program is in place.
- Strives for a high level of quality in the work method and product. Right first time.
- Ensures implementation of a compliant Environmental, Health & Safety program for responsible projects, including contractor activities.
- Ensures design is in accordance with CDM regulations, EHS laws and regulations, and GAL Standards.
- Leads by example in maintaining a high level of environment, health and safety compliance.
- Coordinates all jobsite contractual activities. Ensures required permits and licenses are in place prior to the start of the affected work at site.
- Leads the project from funding approval to handover and close out (TG2 to TG7).
- Encourage innovation from both staff and contractors to the benefit of the project. Promote continuous improvements within the project team.
- Set targets to improve productivity and efficiency across the project including KPIs for EHS, sustainability, defects, etc.
- Responsible for full project close out and handover activities (PHO1 to PHO Final).
Qualifications and experience
- Experienced Project Manager with an engineering or construction background, with a minimum of 2 large relevant multi-discipline projects. Strong preference to have experience working in a baggage environment.
- Substantial demonstrative experience across all NEC contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Industry accreditation preferred, such as ICE, CIOB, APM, etc.
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards, and design and layout criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
- Experience in complex stakeholder management and negotiation.
- Experience with Business Planning software is a requirement.
- Knowledge of all phases of engineering and construction operations relating to project delivery, including design delivery, construction technologies and methodologies, and jobsite management.
- Experience of working with, supervising and administering contractors.
- Knowledge and experience in contract formation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation, including change control, documentation management, cost/time trend program.
Gatwick Airport wants to set the standard for airport service, and for Gatwick to be known for the warm welcome, ease of use, on-time performance and exemplary service. By 2018, over 50 million passengers should be experiencing that service every year.
Our people are passionate about Gatwick too. We value every person that works with us and reward them and their commitment to us by providing great opportunities for development, excellent rewards and opportunities to make a real difference in the lives of our customers. We love what we do! We would love you to join us.