Affinion is one of the world’s leading customer engagement and loyalty solutions companies. We develop and deliver tailored customer engagement programs for leading companies in the FI, telco, retail and travel sectors globally. These programs help our clients enrich their offerings to drive deeper connections, and give their customers reasons to engage more, stay longer and generate more value. We design customer engagement and loyalty solutions with an attractive suite of benefits and ease of usage that we believe are likely to interest and engage consumers based on their needs and interests.
The candidate must demonstrate experience gained in a Project Management role, across multiple delivery areas specifically application development.
Responsible for identifying, defining and managing a next generation programme from initiation through to closure within all time, Budget and Quality criteria agreed with the project sponsor. Where applicable this will also include pre-project activity such as project business case creation, communication and project approval.
The Project Manager has full ownership for the end to end deliverables within the project life cycle.
The candidate must demonstrate a flexible, adaptable and diplomatic approach. To achieve excellence in this position, the Project Manager must have proven experience in successful project delivery - ideally in a similar industry - with ability to quickly understand the Affinion Group business, processes and technology components.
1. Assessments & Project Management
- Serve as primary point of contact for all Business Unit driven projects.
- Act as liaison between technical leads and non-technical business stakeholders
- Develop and maximize an In-depth knowledge of Affinion Group systems applications, business processes and operations.
- Work with IT Architects, Business Analysts, Operations and Business Unit stakeholder to establish alternative solutions and create proposals to meet business needs.
- Matrix management of project team to include motivating, influencing and driving results to ensure successful project delivery.
- Effective Senior stakeholder management for both internal and external customers
- Management of all project issues, risks, changes and scope. Including appropriate monitoring and mitigation
- Management of multiple types of delivery including Infrastructure, Application Development, Regulatory and Compliance projects
- Adheres to company Project Management Methodology (SDM) and departmental guidelines and toolkit standards.
- Adhere to the Principles of the Affinion Project Delivery Gated Process
- Oversees the tasks to define and document user acceptance tests plans and testing.
- Primarily responsible for the creation of the following documents within a project and their formal review and sign off:
- Assessment plan
- Project Kick off deck
- Changes, Actions, Issues and Risks log (CHAIR Log)
- Project Initiation Document
- AFE Financial Document
- Exec Summary Document
- Status reports
- Change control Form
- Implementation Plan
- Financial tracking log
- Acceptance Certificates
2. Reporting and Tracking
- Communication of project Time, Budget and Quality status to Project Steering Committee and sponsors. This will include the highlighting of issues and risks
- Along with Solutions Architect, communicates with business partners on use of new technologies and solution design techniques.
- Regular and proactive communication with external parties including clients and suppliers
3. Business As Usual Support
- Support the Change & Release Management processes by proactively ensuring analysis and documentation of project solutions required to be deployed as part of Siebel releases is communicated and managed effectively
- Proactively evaluate current PM processes and templates to recommend ideas for continuous improvement.
- Act as a mentor to other team members
- Deputise for the Project Director as required
- Adheres to company, departmental and external standards such as Legal, Compliancy and Regulatory guidelines applicable within the organisation
- Shares business strategies and vision with IT department at large, promoting creativity and innovation Communicates with business partners and providers on use of new technologies and solution design techniques.
- Proven ability to matrix manage and motivate cross functional and geographical teams
- Successful management of large scale or multiple concurrent projects
- Demonstrable experience of Senior Stakeholder Management and Project Steering Committee engagement.
- Proven track record in the areas of time/cost estimation, risk mitigation and planning.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business process and operations and apply appropriate delivery approach.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Self starter that will take ownership of assigned tasks and drive to completion.
- Self-motivated, proactive, positive, results-oriented attitude
- Flexible to travel when necessary
- Strong Customer facing skills
Knowledge / Qualifications
- Significant experience in the full life cycle of IT Projects
- Thorough understanding of project management methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrating diplomacy and sensitivity to diverse business cultures
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Ability to utilize Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
- Proven track record in developing Business Cases
- Proven track record in managing global teams
- Proven track record in Web solutions delivery
- Proven track record in Application Development Delivery
- Proven track record of client engagement through project delivery
- Proven track record of delivering regulatory initiatives
- Project Management
- Mobile Applications