Project Manager (6+ month contract)
Our client, based in the centre of London, is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Project Manager to join their existing team. The Project Manager will be responsible for implementing future operating models for our client’s policies. For this role our client is looking for someone with excellent communication skills and who has a creative and dedicated attitude with proven experience working on operating models.
Role and Responsibilities
- To plan and manage complex projects of strategic importance to the organisation from outset to closure, including coordinating and justifying business case development to stakeholders.
- Development and management of organisational operating models.
- Implementation of future operating models, in line with the organisation’s current policies.
- To provide best practice guidance and mentorship to other project managers.
- To ensure that all relevant external and internal stakeholders are involved and communicated with throughout the key stages of the project.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
- Track project performance.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Creation of future operating models.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the organisation.
- To ensure project documentation is complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Previous experience working within the public sector would be an advantage.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience.
- Experience of managing high value complex or strategic projects through full project life cycle with strong focus on benefits management.
- Experience of preparing and presenting plans and reports to a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and professional environment.
- Experience of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders and managing stakeholder expectations up to Board and Director level.
- Proven track record of delivering solutions utilising third parties and/or in an outsourced environment.
- Experience of managing resources including budgets, internal staff and contracts with third-party suppliers.
- Exceptional communication skills in order to effectively ascertain customers’ needs and perceptions and balance stakeholder demands.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to persuade and influence others.
- Strong resource management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High Level of professionalism and integrity.
- A self-starter who can work with minimum supervision.
- Team oriented, but highly independent for their own projects.
- Highly motivated and flexible.
- Tact and sensitivity when working with confidential information.
- Proactive, multi-tasking and hands on approach with a 'can do’ attitude.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Project Management
- Public Sector
- Operating Models
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"