Plus Rooms are a Project Management Company who specialise in overseeing domestic construction work in London and the surrounding areas. We carry out more than 100 projects a year, delivering high-end extensions and conversions in some of the most affluent boroughs in London.
Purpose of the role:
We are seeking motivated, strong communicators to work alongside our Project Co-ordinators Trainees who will learn to liaise with Clients, Architects, Contractors, Local Authorities, Surveyors and Engineers for the purposes of planning, scheduling and coordinating construction projects. An early starter, you must demonstrate a commitment to develop a career in construction management and have the necessary attributes to succeed in this role.
During the 12 month training period you will be required to spend time both in our Northwood office and out on client sites throughout London.
- To support Co-ordinator in managing Client builds from initiation through to signoff
- Handle administrative tasks and act as intermediary between architect and client
- Support all coordination of planning and party wall matters on behalf of the client, to ensure appropriate permissions are in place for the works to commence on time
- Coordinating amendments and update project schedules and pricing
- Attend commencement meeting with Co-ordinator, Client and Contractor
- Accompany Co-ordinator on regular inspections of build throughout each project
- Coordinate trades and suppliers in relation to the work on site as requested
- Manage some communication between the Contractor, Client and other trades
- Attend sign off meetings
What we’re looking for:
- Essential : Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Essential : Spreadsheet and generalist computer skills, have good grasp of technology
- Essential : Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, incl. Grade B or above in both Maths and English
- Preferred : Previous knowledge of working within the building industry in any form
- Experience with clients and confident in dealing with people from all backgrounds
- Highly reliable, responsible and punctual
Salary: £25,000 per annum for 12 months training - performance and salary review thereafter
Location: Between our Northwood office and various client sites throughout London
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, mobile phone and tablet