Job Title - Project Management Assistant
Location - Milton Keynes, The Quadrant
Rates - £140.04 (PAYE) to £158.17 (LTD) per day
In Scope of IR35 - (i.e. subject to tax & national insurance contributions taken at source by Capita)
About the role / project:
Working for the informed traveller recovery plan team. Supporting the national recovery plan with various administration duties
What you will do:
Working for the informed traveller recovery plan team. Supporting the national recovery plan with various administration duties.
- Assist the Programme Manager in the maintaining programme control over projects to deliver to time, cost and quality in a safe manner and report on programme progress.
- Collate, format and distribute information to support programme requirements. Cascade to internal and external parties where appropriate.
- Assist in the maintenance and creation of programme governance documentation in accordance to company standards e.g. MSP4NR
- Support the monitoring & reporting of benefits realised by the programme; identify, investigate and report shortfalls against stated benefits
- Support the Risk and Issue management procedure of the programme and check that the risk register is updated accordingly
- Support the delivery of consistent quality management procedures and standards for the programme
- Assist the programme manager to facilitate effective resource management across the programme
- Support the Change Management Procedure for the programme and check the change control log is updated accordingly
- Participate in projects as required.
Your experience will include:
- Proven experience in the planning and/or management of projects
- Administration experience
- Rail - ideal
- Time management and good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- MS Office
- Proven ability to work with senior industry stakeholders to understand their requirements
- Knowledge of the rail industry and its regulatory framework
- Programme / Project management qualifications or relevant work experience e.g. MSP / Prince 2
- Experience of working in a programme office and/or programme planning role
- A degree or equivalent
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <p><strong>Job Title – Project Management Assistant</strong
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job