Our client, the biggest business in the Sports/Retail/Gaming sector that has recently become one of the prestigious FTSE125, is looking for a Project Management Accountant to join their IT finance team. You will have responsibility for budgeting and reporting of the IT Projects as well as assisting in the timely and accurate preparation of the monthly management accounts.
Key Responsibilities of the Project Management Accountant
- Business partnering to Project Managers as appropriate for all capex and opex project spend and forecasts
- Preparing monthly management reporting on project spend in accordance with group reporting deadlines.
- Assist in the generation of reporting packs for presentation and for discussion with project managers and budget owners to control their spend within budget
- Ensure a strong working knowledge of the commercial trends impacting the projects in order to understand cost variances and challenge forecasts
- Deliver insightful analysis and commentary on all key cost and benefit variances to plan and approved business case in order to explain performance
- Work with stakeholders to deliver proactive management of the project cost base and help identify areas where costs can be reduced and better managed and risks and mitigating actions.
- Support and report on the delivery of all benefit savings identified and delivered within projects
- Manage project cost set up, work in progress and fixed asset accounting and project close down
- Review all invoices, ensuring that all have been coded correctly to the projects and flagging to the Accounts Payable team where changes need to be made and assisting the team in coding supplier invoices and recharges
- Review purchase orders raised on the Oracle ERP/JDE system to ensure costs are within budget and coded correctly
- Prepare ad hoc reports and scenario analysis at the request of stakeholders, providing financial support to senior management
- Ensuring that all queries from internal stakeholders are dealt with effectively and promptly
- Provide information required to auditors during internal and external audit processes to ensure compliance with requirements
- Support the Major Projects Accountant IT finance department members with other ad hoc tasks as and when required
The successful candidate will be a part qualified/finalist accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience in project management accounting. You will be ambitious and energetic with excellent communication skills and have the ability to business partner non-financial managers. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious project management accountant who is looking to develop their career further in this growing company who have exciting plans for 2018.
- Management Accounting
- Project Cost
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job