Installation Engineer – Fire & Security Systems
eSift are currently looking for an experienced Fire and Security Installation Engineer with a strong technical knowledge to join Our client, the leading global integrated security company, specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
Location: South Birmingham, West Midlands/Worcestershire
Salary: £30k+ per annum plus company car and other benefits including 25 days’ holiday
Due to growth in their Integrated Security Systems business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Installation Project Engineer, focusing on the West Midlands/Worcestershire Installation area of operations, the position holder will be responsible for successfully installing high end fire alarm and integrated security systems, whilst maintaining tight cost controls.
You will also be responsible for undertaking the project management of electronic security systems by electrical contractors, undertaking the commissioning of systems when required, verifying the detailed accuracy of equipment specifications at the “pre-installation” stage and developing and managing site specific method statements and risk assessments where necessary.
Additional tasks involve liaising with customers and contractors at a local / site level, supervising sub-contractors effectively and ensuring that customers receive appropriate and adequate training to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
To be successful in this position you will have/be;
- Qualified Electrical/Electronics Engineer/Electrician
- Experience in the installation and commissioning of fire and security systems including projects in excess of £100K.
- Intermediate IT skills including familiarity with MS Office and fire system related software.
- Management of electrical contractors and company approved subcontractors.
- Practical and accustomed to managing projects to a budget
- Highly presentable and a team player with impeccable integrity and an excellent attendance record
- Willingness to work varying hours as necessary and travel nationally.
- Literate & numerate (GCSE /O Level or equivalent as a minimum).
- Current / valid driving licence.
- Experience in the installation of network based security systems
- Knowledge of relevant British Standards for Installation and basic’ knowledge of MS Project and AutoCAD.
- Experience of the Gent by Honeywell, Vigilon and Vigilon Voice product ranges
- 5 Year checkable work history or evidence to support any period of unemployment, self- employment or time spent in fulltime education
- Right to work unrestricted in the UK/EU
eSift have been appointed as the resource partner and we are managing this role on behalf of our client. To apply for this position please click on the “apply now” button below. Your CV will then be held on our central database, if for any reason you do not wish us to retain your details please contact us via .