The Project Finance Analyst role will ensure the completeness and accuracy of Peterborough project costing and forecasting accuracy. To ensure timely preparation of the monthly and annual project reporting and financial analysis.
Leading Engineering, Manufacturing and Production business with a global brand name based in Peterborough who have cutting edge technology development at the forefront of their company mission. With a strong and commercial focused finance function they are looking for a commercially minded Project Finance Analyst to be a key member working with the manufacturing project teams around costing and bill of materials
- Timely production of financial project review reports, monthly project financial commentaries, budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure project financial results, risks and opportunities are critically reviewed and challenged.
- Ensure that project risks and opportunities, mitigation plans and savings plans are properly calculated and disclosed at the project reviews
- Provide ongoing financial advice and support to the Project Managers and their team.
- Responsible for ensuring that costs to complete and their assumptions are properly supported and disclosed. Ensure that project financial forecasts are aligned with project programmes.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate recording, preparation and presentation of project financial information.
- Ensure that project financial controls for the business are effective, reliable and adhered to.
- Support the Financial Controller in the preparation of the monthly project actuals and forecasts
- Ensure that the projects adhere to an appropriate structure and costs budget. Provide project variance analysis where appropriate.
- Maintain effective systems and processes to enable the accurate recording of all project costs including contract and subcontractor accruals, outstanding purchase orders, GRNI, timesheet bookings and coding notifications etc.
- Ensure that adherence to financial accounting and commercial governance is maintained by the projects teams.
- Ensure that project cash flow is updated and managed so it remains positive unless business case supports otherwise.
- Provide information to the Internal and External Auditors for projects as and when required
- Provide timely analysis and reporting to the Controls business managers as and when required
- Continuously challenge the way we work and actively identify areas of where change can improve the performance within Finance and in the way this department serves others in the company. Make the identified changes as quickly as practical.
Project Finance Analyst job requirements and experience;
Will proactively challenge the assumptions inherent in financial data presented in order to make an appropriate judgement as to its validity.
- Ability to build productive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation.
- Part Qualified/ Finalist ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of working in a manufacturing and production/engineering environment (FMCG/ Retail would also be considered)
Great working environment and excellent commercial finance exposure is on offer in this Project Finance Analyst position based out of Peterborough head office.
- Project Accounting