Planet Mermaid is a major online retailer of mermaid swimwear, accessories and tails with a global customer base across Europe, Asia and Australia. We are a small friendly dynamic team that caters for all Mermaids across the world and we all work collectively to complete projects on time and always looking for new ideas and innovative solutions. Being a team player is essential.
We are looking for an experienced Project Executive who will provide critical support to the business and play a key role in helping the company to grow.
An enthusiastic self-starter who prides themselves in their work as much as we do in our products, this role is ideal for someone who strives for excellent customer service, has an eye for detail, enjoys working as part of a team and has a passion for quality.
Working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, this role offers an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a growing company, learn new skills and get involved in interesting projects. A varied and exciting role working as part of a friendly team, you will be expected to assist with the day to day running of the office from dealing with customer queries, filing, managing various databases to maintaining our social media presence, helping out with events and marketing and supporting the Director on ad hoc requests.
Note: The job will require manual handling duties of stock items and equipment.
To apply, please submit your CV with a covering letter explaining how you meet the essential and desirable criteria by noon on Monday 19th March.
Interview dates: Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd March
Start date: 9th May
Salary:£18,000 per annum including holiday entitlements and employer pension
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- To manage phone calls and e-mails from customers, suppliers, press, media and distributors
- To handle customer queries via e-mail and phone and maintain a record of these
- To respond promptly to e-mails via several platforms
- To draft, format and print relevant documents as and when required
- To diary manage Swimming School Instructor training and liaise with Director, Trainer and Instructors
- To assist with stock taking, filing, sales returns and dispatching of sales items
- To manage incoming and outgoing posts including special deliveries
- To organise samples and designs for the Director
- To photograph samples and collate information when requested
- To work as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the business including placing orders, paying invoices and organising deliveries
- To assist with ad hoc projects and other work including planning and managing events and exhibitions
- To regularly update our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram)
- To attend PR events outside of normal working hours where required
- Previous office administration experience in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data entry skills
- Excellent people skills including ability to communicate at senior level
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage multiple tasks and under pressure including responding to any ad hoc requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently
- Strong IT skills including MS Office Word and Excel
- Experience of working in swimwear or online fashion retail business
- Previous social media marketing experience
- A driving licence and use of a car
- Experience of supporting projects/events
- Customer Service
- Office Administration
- Time Management
- Placing Orders