Salary is £25-26k per annum, and they need someone ASAP.
They are a small, close-knit team, so personality fit is key. Although previous experience within admin/project support/events is useful, a positive attitude and willingness to learn are more important attributes.
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.; however, there will be an expectation to work unsociable hours, and travel (UK and international) as the needs of the business dictates. Time off in lieu is given in respect to this.
Purpose of the role:
- To perform project-orientated tasks in line with the brief agreed with the client; to build excellent relationships with clients, suppliers and internal staff; to organise events (mainly in the pharmaceutical sector) and to provide overall support for the logistics department.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Management of events for groups of 10-500+ delegates
- Venue sourcing
- Communications with stakeholders, local operating companies, external experts
- Management/liaison of venues – sales, banqueting, concierge etc.
- Organisation of travel, visas, accommodation, dinners
- Selection of menus/catering
- Preparation of rooming lists, banqueting event orders, departure notices, welcome letters etc.
- Preparation and maintenance of budgets/reconciliations with the Finance Department
- Attendance at planning meetings with preparation of planning meeting minutes/actions
- Full competency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience of electronic registration systems e.g. StarCite and EventsForce are an advantage
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- To be able to prioritise workload
- Flexibility to travel overseas
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours and weekends
- Have an understanding of budgets, finance and reconciliations
- Ensuring compliance and working within guidelines
Interested? Please apply online, and/or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business