nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Through our unique offering, providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover, our Water business provides ‘Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking’ across our projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring we are supporting our customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. We currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the individual management of Mechanical & Electrical schemes predominately for the waste and clean water industry, with a particular focus on quick turnaround/emergency repair works
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
- Liaise with client’s engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- Complete contract documentation
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
- Overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries with specific experience of reactive/call out type works
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Experience in delivering M&E projects
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'