This is no ordinary opportunity! We're seeking a Senior Project Controls Engineer with strong electrical CAD design skills combined with PLC & HMI software programming capabilities. You'll be joining a rapidly growing Northampton business and have the opportunity to quickly progress to become part of our Senior Leadership Team.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £50,000
· 23 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
· Laptop / Phone
· Various Employee Perks
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Peterborough, Oundle, Wellingborough, Bedford, Corby, Kettering, Daventry, Luton, Leicester, Thrapston, Bedford, Rugby.
Why join us?
· You'll head up our Design & Innovation Team, creating the next generation of our products.
· You'll keep your hands-on Electrical Design and PLC software skills up to date and we'll invest in your training to make sure you're at the top of your game.
· You'll have a clear progression path to becoming one of our Senior Leaders.
We've come a long way in the last 7 years and we're still growing, despite the current market. To make sure we're keeping our competitive advantage we're looking for a motivated, experienced Senior Project Engineer with outstanding Control Panel Design and PLC software programming skills.
You'll be working within a wide range of industry sectors including; medical, pharmaceutical and manufacturing, from SME's through to multi-billion pound organisations. The role of Senior Project Engineer is also diverse, responsible for all aspects of Control System / Machine Design such as:
· The design of electrical controls schematics and control panels.
· PLC & HMI software programming - sequential, process and motion control on a range of PLC's. We use Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi but any PLC make is acceptable as cross-over training with be given.
· Carry out machinery risk assessments, machinery testing and factory acceptance testing (FAT).
· Create and manage procedural documentation for machinery installation, including ongoing library management / updating.
You'll also have the chance to be involved at the very beginning of new projects, providing the sales function with technical information and creating accurate quotes for new project designs.
To become our Senior Projects Engineer you MUST be educated to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or ONC / HNC in Electrical Engineering and:
· Be experienced in all aspects of Machine / Control system design using electrical CAD.
· Be proficient in PLC & HMI software programming.
· Have a proven track record of designing Industrial Control Systems, including electrical control schematics, control panel layouts and software.
It's also essential that you are able to prioritise multiple simultaneous projects and manage internal resources to ensure successful project delivery.
The right person will grow quickly in this role, ultimately there are very real prospects of joining our Senior Leadership Team as one of our Directors BUT this is still very much a hands on role and you will need to get your sleeves rolled up to help us grow.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Project Engineer, Senior Controls Engineer, Senior Design Engineer, Electrical Controls Engineer, Controls Engineer, PLC controls, HMI controls, electrical panel design, ladder logic, electrical CAD, Automation control, machine automation
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LH16123, Wallace Hind Selection
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'