Recruit Mint are working with an international market leading engineering company in the Cambridgeshire area to recruit a Project Engineer on a temporary to permanent contract.
With ambitious growth plans into new industries, this is a fantastic and exciting time to become a part of their future success.
Having won the top accolade for SME Investment in skills' at the SEMTA (Scientific, Engineering, Manufacturing & Technology Alliance) this company offer many opportunities to up-skill.
To act as the primary point of contact between the Engineering Department and production for the duration of various contracts. Responsibility for manufacturing control and timescales; to achieve the milestones laid out in the project schedule. Ensure that conformance to manufacturing/ design specifications and ensure health & safety compliance maintained for contracts.
Your duties will include:
- To ensure that all necessary documentation is processed, reviewed and distributed that identifies client contractual requirement in accordance with the agreed work scope.
- To develop, gain agreement on, monitor and report against manufacturing project plans
- Liaise and agree manufacturing capacity and capability with Operations to ensure all client expectations are met, both pre-contract award and during the entire contract life cycle
- Organise and run multi-level planning Meetings
- To be the primary point of contract for the customer on technical issues
- Undertake regular reporting to the Project Manager to keep them appraised of progress
- To review client's technical requirements for compliance to manufacture/design specifications and Health & Safety legislation; highlighting any areas of concern to the Project Manager as applicable.
- To carry out regular (i.e. weekly, monthly, as required) internal project reviews in respect of manufacturing and delivery performance to ensure that the contract achieves maximum profitability against budget. During the course of these reviews there should be appropriate escalation if there are any areas of concern that may affect the completion of the contract.
- To sign purchase orders for each contract under the respective Engineers control if within the assigned budget
- To identify, instigate and agree claims with sub-contractors/suppliers for additional requirements and variations to the agreed work scope
- To provide best possible service to meet customer requirements and expectations
- Through improved product design, develop ideas to reduce manufacturing cost and improve product quality at the earliest opportunity and throughout the contract life cycle
- To process all internal NCR's and DMR's.
- To raise any necessary Technical Queries, Production Permits or concessions required to complete the contract scope.
- To ensure that all TQ's, PP's and concessions are managed though a robust change control process ensure that they are implemented in manufacture at the correct time.
- Undertake and write appropriate risk assessments
- Supervise and co-ordinate on site sub-contract operations
- Develop and write standard operating procedures (SOPs)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous engineering experience - well motivated, practical and experienced individual
- You must have either a good craft or technician qualification in Mechanical, Production or equivalent Engineering discipline qualification would be required or a sound background in a related industry.
- Experience with and a broad understanding of manufacturing techniques is required.
- You must be computer literate
On offer :
- Competitive Salary
- Working hours are Monday -Thursday 8am - 4.45pm with half hour lunch and Friday 8am - 12.30pm
- 25 Days Holiday
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"