Role: Project Engineer
Location: Commutable from Cambridge
Main responsibilities will include:
· Supporting the development of innovative turnkey manufacturing systems solutions from concept, design, manufacture, integration and test in accordance with customer requirements.
· Embedding Smart system capabilities into automated equipment.
· Act as a credible team member regarding the system conceptualisation through to integration and robustness assessment from an interface and automation perspective.
· Programming embedded software and program logic controllers (PLC).
· Performing research and benchmarking of relevant automated manufacturing technologies and applying them to project work.
· Designing the layout of the welding system using computer-aided design/manufacturing (CAD/CAM) software to build representative 3D models, with the intention of integrating models with physical systems.
· Developing and implementing automation and manufacturing control systems using automation and simulation software. For example, programming servo, PID controllers.
· Systems robustness testing and identifying, investigating and repairing any system faults.
· Supporting the Team Manager to identify and pursue new business development opportunities for the exploitation of automated welding systems research and services.
Success in your application requires:
· At minimum an Engineering degree or equivalent qualification in automation, manufacturing systems, control, and/or related engineering discipline.
· A thorough appreciation and experience of the development and application of manufacturing systems technology within a cutting-edge industrial/academic environment for high integrity applications would be required.
· Knowledge and experience with general automation and manufacturing systems integration within an industrial/academic environment would be highly advantageous.
· Experience in designing, and building, robotic systems and integrating robotics systems with smart capabilities would be highly desired.
· Awareness and experience of programming packages (such as: LabVIEW, Matlab), system controllers (Robotics and PLC) and Design software packages (such as: SolidWorks, NX)
· Results-driven with determination to meet project deliverables.
· Excellent written and verbal English communication skills preferably within a business environment.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This position will require frequent travel both in the UK and abroad.
If you are interested in the above position then please press apply or contact Kim via
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job