As part of STRUCTeam's plans for expansion we are hiring two Project Engineers.
Who we are
STRUCTeam addresses a market need for independent technology and business advice across the composites supply chain, enabling its clients to make the right choices for their business. The company helps leading global engineering, construction and technology brands to meet their composites challenges, and has completed over 100 successful projects since it was founded in 2010.
We are seeking a talented senior structural or materials engineer to manage all engineering activities within either the renewables, materials or marine market including design, development. You will need to have composites experience and capable of leading a team of multidisciplinary engineers. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering structural design projects from conceptual design, prototyping and testing through to workshop documentation and certification.
You must be a diligent and a careful engineer with an eye for detail and with ability to make sound engineering judgements. You should be able to understand structural design from first principles (not just through a typical blade design package), if this sounds like you then this role will provide you with the capacity to develop further along with the growth of the organisation
For the right person we can offer an excellent platform to build on your successes.
Duties will include:
- Oversee a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Develop and execute creative and innovative engineering processes to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, so that the company is competitive within its chosen markets.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 5 year experience in the engineering design of composite structures or materials in the renewable or marine sectors.
- Practitioner of composite engineering tools : 3D CAD Software (Catiaetc.) / Laminate design software (Esacomp or other) /FEA (Ansys or equivalent)
- Experienced in the design/engineering of wind turbine blades or/and the design/engineering of significant marine structures
- Leadership skills including ability to mentor and develop a team of junior engineers
- An ability to be both highly analytical as well as a high degree of creativity is an essential characteristic
- A flexible and dynamic approach to work and ambition to grow into a more senior management position in the company.
- Management accreditations in addition to CEng are desirable
Fluency in English is a must and the ability to speak a second language would also be an advantage due to the global reach of our product. The ability to travel international is also a necessity.
This recruitment process is being managed by a HR consultancy for more information contact CORE HR . AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.
- Wind Turbines